Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Spoify or Apple music subscription

If I subscribe to either can I listen to their entire libraries on my Squeezeboxes?
    Last edited by jeff52807; 2017-03-23 at 10:30. Reason: misspelling

Spotify works currently but Apple Music will only work via airplay and the shairtunes plugin. You could also consider Tidal as there is support for that service via both an official plugin as well as the Ickstream third party plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by usc95 View Post
    Spotify works currently but Apple Music will only work via airplay and the shairtunes plugin. You could also consider Tidal as there is support for that service via both an official plugin as well as the Ickstream third party plugin.
    So, if I get a paid subscription to Spotify, I can play all their music, on demand, like I do from My Music on my Duet, Boom or Radio by using the Spotify app on LMS? Not like Pandora where it plays random similar tunes?

Yes, with a premium paid subscription you can listen to their entire library on demand. You can even create playlists with your music and Spotify music together like it was in your own library.

Quote Originally Posted by usc95 View Post
    Yes, with a premium paid subscription you can listen to their entire library on demand. You can even create playlists with your music and Spotify music together like it was in your own library.
    I'm started the 30 day free trial on Spotify Premium today. Works fine on PC and phone.

Logged in on squeezebox. I can find the music, but when I attempt to play it, it says "cannot play this type of file."

There are a number of threads on making Spotify work. Basically you need to have the app enabled on Mysqueezebox.com and have the app enabled on your LMS. If you have an older SB3, boom or squeezelite based player you also need to have the Spotify protocol handler enabled on LMS as well. Check the other threads for more help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk