Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

12v in on Touch :( can it be fixed?

Plugged in the wrong 12v power supply for a few seconds...... looks dead, with the right 5v power supply i can see a red light in the optical out but nothing else, no screen, not showing up in server. Was loving my touch and the server so now looking at building a Raspberry Pi squeezebox replacement. Would just like to know if anything can be done with the touch before i go down that route.

First post and all that take it easy on me, i have searched and found no answer, spoke to logitech too and no help there.

Es ist tot.
    Chris :)

I would say not much you can do other than replacing the entire innards, at which point you may as well bin it and get another.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Deader than a dead thing--chuck it in the recycle

You fried the internal power supplies. If you're going to toss it, I'll pay shipping and try to fix it. I hate to see good hardware that's not being made any more go to waste.