Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Big smiley!!! OK, deep breath, let's try this...

You might be able to circumvent all the server stuff and deleting this and that by factory resetting your Touch, and stopping and starting LMS.
    Chris :)

Sadly, I'm no further forward. I had high hopes for the factory settings stuff but no cigar. At the root of this is the simple fact that something is preventing LMS from seeing an enabled Spotify on mysqueezebox.com. I've tried different browsers and I've turned off all the AV, firewalls and ad-blockers. I've tried different LMS versions, including 7.9.0. but I just get the same scenario.

Have you got through to this screen in the process?

Name:  Spotify_login_zpstrcofyvg.png
Views: 202
Size:  134.8 KB
    Last edited by Stratmangler; 2017-03-22 at 13:58.
    Chris :)

Two thoughts:

are you using a proper login (not facebook sort of thing).

and log into your spotify account and hit the "sign out of everywhere" button.

then go to advanced and spotify on the LMS settings page, log in, tick enable helper.

then go to mysqbox apps and enable Spotify and log in ( I seem to remember that you can reach this page from the "MY APPS" tag on the LMS web gui, but it might be a misremember.

I sometime run LMS/Spotify on a windows 10pro desktop without problem ( you did right click the .exe and "run as administrator", for the install?)

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Stratmangler View Post
    Have you got through to this screen in the process?
    I do indeed (many, many times)

Hello Ronnie

The helper thing was dead useful. Now the Triode app works. Thank you SO much :-)

Quote Originally Posted by anthonymarrian View Post
    Hello Ronnie

The helper thing was dead useful. Now the Triode app works. Thank you SO much :-)

Well I'm pleased to hear that but really, I think this is only a temporary solution.

I have been using the "official" Spotify and Spotify Protocol Handler without problems on various raspberry pi OS and Windows 10 Pro and Windows 8.1 computers for some time, so I feel that you current install is somehow compromised.

Still, good for the time being

Ronnie

Hi there. Came across this thread when the enable spotify message came up randomly for me. Took me ages to realise I was doing everything correctly and enabling the app but still the message continued to appear and spotify wouldn't work.

My mistake was putting the first character of my spotify username as a capital in mysqueezebox ..looked like it was working but obviously wasn't... lowercase and all worked perfectly.

Sometimes the simple answers are missed so might help someone else out there get to the solution quicker than I did ;-)