Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I have made a Reinstall of firmware + Restore Factory Settings on the SBTouch device which was asking for password to MySB.com (Yesterday it also suddenly asked me for password to my LMS, so it apparently was a bit confused). I hope this helps with the Spotify connection problems...

Regarding looking at if cache and other data is completely deleted when doing a complete uninstall of LMS, first step (BEFORE uninstalling LMS) is to find out how I see this on my NAS. Normally I don't have direct access to the drive-content on my NAS. Long time ago I installed a filemanager (AjaXplorer), but I remember I never really found out how to use it. I have taken a second look at this app now, and I have found out how to open a view (repository) into "/c/.". However from here I cannot find any Squeezebox related folders or files(*). I tried opening a view/repository directly for "/c/.squeezebox", but that fails (cannot be found or something like that). I'm not an Linux/NAS superuser, so any suggestions are welcome :-)

(*) I see folders "backup", "home", "lost+found", "media" and "webroot". But none of these seems to contain anything related to my LMS-installation. It could maybe be hidden, but how is it with those file attribs in Linux?? For the view/repository I have assigned the "File Creation Mask" a value of "0666", maybe this should be changed? (But I don't like the wording "CREATION mask" if it's just supposed to define what I can see?).

EDIT: I have also tried "/c/.squeezeboxserver" and "/c/.squeezeboxserver/cache" which are locations I found via LMS Settings->Information. But still no luck...
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-03-29 at 13:18.
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1494667952 @ Sat May 13 on Synology DS 716+ II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), 2x SB Touch, [Not used: SB Classic,] 2x OrangeSqueeze. Livingroom: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

You might like to try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - or Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop experience...

Use SSH via some terminal or if you use windows some terminal emulator like putty . And do it the old fashion way via command line . ( you can use search functions there to )

But you need some admin password to your NAS and probably some setting to gain terminal acess .
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Problems with LMS79x and Spotify onReadyNAS Ultra 2 [1/3]

> "/c/.". However from here I cannot find any Squeezebox related folders

The folder would be /c/.squeezeboxserver. File/foldername starting with
    a dot usually are hidden. So if that's the case there, you'll need some
    way to tell it where exactly to go.

As someone else mentioned you should try to get shell (ssh) access to
    your NAS.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    your NAS.
    Okay, I'm in! Big thanks to both of you.
    Now I just need to take a deep breath and prepare myself for another clean install (Of course starting with a check of how well uninstall removes everything). Well, it will probably be in the weekend.
    I'll be back...
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-03-30 at 10:29.
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1494667952 @ Sat May 13 on Synology DS 716+ II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), 2x SB Touch, [Not used: SB Classic,] 2x OrangeSqueeze. Livingroom: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

You might like to try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - or Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop experience...

Resetting my SBTouch didn't help in the long run. Now it keeps asking for password both when I switch to MySB and back to my LMS setup :-/ It's probably broken and just a coincidence the problem started same time as I updated to LMS79. Maybe it was triggered because it was the first time in years I touched the player configurations?

Anyway, I have turned synchronization of my 2 players off to prevent login problems, and took the opportunity to order a Raspberry Pi and Max2Play based kit of a SBTouch clone instead. It's going to be interesting to see how that works...

Meanwhile I didn't find time/energy this weekend to play further with uninstall/install of LMS791. But I will hopefully be back with some news regarding this soon...
    /Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    Resetting my SBTouch didn't help in the long run. Now it keeps asking for password both when I switch to MySB and back to my LMS setup :-/ It's probably broken and just a coincidence the problem started same time as I updated to LMS79. Maybe it was triggered because it was the first time in years I touched the player configurations?

Anyway, I have turned synchronization of my 2 players off to prevent login problems, and took the opportunity to order a Raspberry Pi and Max2Play based kit of a SBTouch clone instead. It's going to be interesting to see how that works...

Meanwhile I didn't find time/energy this weekend to play further with uninstall/install of LMS791. But I will hopefully be back with some news regarding this soon...
    I dont think its broken is this a second hand unit ? Give mherger that mac id via pm so that he can check thTs its only or your mysb.com account ?
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    The folder would be /c/.squeezeboxserver. File/foldername starting with
    a dot usually are hidden. So if that's the case there, you'll need some
    way to tell it where exactly to go.

your NAS.
    So I made a complete uninstall of LMS, and checked if the NAS did a complete cleanup when uninstalling. The ".squeezeboxserver" folder was completely gone, so apparently yes.

I did not follow up with a direct clean re-install of LMS791 this time. I have done that two times before, and thought I would try something new this time...

I don't know if you have noticed it in all the information I have posted earlier, but whenever I do a clean install of LMS79x, the application/service crashes when I try to set a "Media Library Name" on the "Basic Settings" tab. It doesn't happen when doing a clean install of LMS781, only when doing clean install of LMS79x. I have no reason to believe this is directly related to my other problem(s), but maybe worth taking a look at anyway?...

So to avoid the crashing this time, I first did an extremely basic install of LMS781. I installed 781 and entered a Media Library Name in Basic Settings. And that was it. I didn't even connect my players.

I did notice though, that I still have the "Unable to load IO::Socket::SSL" warnings in the log when running LMS781.

So I continued and installed latest LMS791 nightly on top of this, and unsurprisingly the performance problems when using Spotify on LMS79x re-appeared :-/ ...

I still don't see any SSL warnings in the 791-log like I do on LMS781, but I tried installing the "Band's Campout" app on LMS791 and interestingly I got this message when trying to open the "is following..." submenu:
    Code:
    Unknown error: Can't connect to https URL lack of IO::Socket::SSL: https://bandcamp.com/stignygaard/following
    Name:  Capture4.PNG
Views: 48
Size:  18.6 KB

I haven't tried this app before, so I have no idea if it's generally working or not, or how it would have worked on LMS781. But might be interesting I suddenly get an IO:Socket:SSL error here on LMS791, but don't get the other warnings in the log?..

Now that I have PuTTY/SSH access to root commandline on the NAS, maybe there's something more I could investigate there? Maybe somehow see if that IO::Socket::SSL thing is there or not?

And sorry, if you are disappointed that I didn't do yet another clean install of 791. I might try later to be 200% sure. But I have no reason to believe my two other clean 791 installs was "dirty" in any way. I followed precisely the same uninstall procedure in all attempts.

Regarding the account/player problem, I will write you a pm with mac ids for my Touch devices as Mnyb suggests. I don't remember for sure if one of my players is a secondhand. But maybe you could check if there are some mysb account double registrations? Meanwhile, as long as I don't sync my 2 players, I don't have any account issues (At least not when using my primary player - which happens to be the one I primarily use:-)).
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-04-14 at 03:47.
    /Stig

Regarding the SSL thing , this plagues odd linux distros and NAS distros .
    Did you ever try LMS on a more regular platform , some mainstream linux OSX or Linux

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Regarding the SSL thing , this plagues odd linux distros and NAS distros .
    Did you ever try LMS on a more regular platform , some mainstream linux OSX or Linux
    In the old days I was running LMS on my Windows desktop PCs, but I rather have it on some always-running server. And since I purchased my ReadyNAS 4-5 years ago it has been running LMS pretty much flawless until the LMS79 upgrade.
    I'm not a Linux user in general (Besides my Android devices and my NAS'es, but I just use them as a standard end-user). Not that I never have seen a unix/linux commandline before, but it is not a world I have spent much energy on.

I have recently purchased a Synology DS716+ II, which I might transfer my LMS79 setup to if I cannot get 79x to work properly on my ReadyNAS. But what I really like about the ReadyNAS is that Logitech/mherger builds official prebuild nightlies for it every day, which I can download and install directly any day/version I want. And I don't have to be a superuser to do it.
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-04-11 at 23:45.
    /Stig

Quote Originally Posted by Stig Nygaard View Post
    So I continued and installed latest LMS791 nightly on top of this, and unsurprisingly the performance problems when using Spotify on LMS79x re-appeared :-/ ...
    In another thread I saw that synchronization of playlists was working again in Triode's unofficial Spotify plugin. So I decided to try that plugin again. Guess what, Triode's and the official plugin shows very similar behavior/performance on LMS791. With "Items Per Page" set to 50 in Settings, I tried opening the Playlists list in Triode's plugin:

Triode with Default skin: 34 secs.
    Triode with Classic skin: 2-3 secs.

That's pretty much exactly the same timings as I get with the official plugin on LMS791.
    Last edited by Stig Nygaard; 2017-04-09 at 12:18.
    /Stig