Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Help mounting a drive with PicorePlayer

I have asked this before but I still cannot for the life of me get my music to show up in Picoreplayer 3.11. I am trying to use either a 256 gb usb stick or a 3tb powered external drive but have had no luck. I have added the extension "util-linux.tcz" and I have also added additional file systems and the pcp can see my drive:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 12.57.58 PM.png
Views: 251
Size:  32.0 KB

When I go into LMS the mounted drive shows but when I click on "music" it does not drill down and when I scan for my music no files are added:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 12.59.42 PM.png
Size:  76.5 KB

Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong? I am a total linux noob so please feel free to talk to me like a child and hold my hand as needed. I have resorted to using my windows computer again but would rather not. Thanks for your help.

Quote Originally Posted by usc95 View Post
    I have asked this before but I still cannot for the life of me get my music to show up in Picoreplayer 3.11. I am trying to use either a 256 gb usb stick or a 3tb powered external drive but have had no luck. I have added the extension "util-linux.tcz" and I have also added additional file systems and the pcp can see my drive:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 12.57.58 PM.png
Size:  32.0 KB

When I go into LMS the mounted drive shows but when I click on "music" it does not drill down and when I scan for my music no files are added:

Name:  Screen Shot 2017-03-16 at 12.59.42 PM.png
Size:  76.5 KB

Can someone please advise what I am doing wrong? I am a total linux noob so please feel free to talk to me like a child and hold my hand as needed. I have resorted to using my windows computer again but would rather not. Thanks for your help.

How are the drives formatted ?
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

They are formatted as exfat. What is the preferred format? I would need to also be able to use Windows or a Mac to load additional files so I would like a format that was writeable with one of those computers as well.

They are formatted as exfat. What is the preferred format? I would need to also be able to use Windows or a Mac to load additional files so I would like a format that was writeable with one of those computers as well.
    Well I don't think eXFAT is supported by Pcp.

I formatted mine as NTFS, I needed to load the extra files systems TCZ, and all worked fine.

I think that others advised using ext3 but this si not natively supported by windows, I'm not sure about Mac

Jeff
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320

If you set up SaMBa you can send files over the network allieviating the need to plug into either PC

i just stuck in an extra usb stick I had that was formatted as exfat and it was able to read it and I was able to see my files in LMS. I was very excited to finally see my files in pcp even though it wasn't the drive I plan on using. I guess it doesn't like my 256gb drive. Now that I know that pcp can read a drive I have decided to reformat the 256gb drive as NTFS and will try again. Hopefully it will work this time.

i just stuck in an extra usb stick I had that was formatted as exfat and it was able to read it and I was able to see my files in LMS. I was very excited to finally see my files in pcp even though it wasn't the drive I plan on using. I guess it doesn't like my 256gb drive. Now that I know that pcp can read a drive I have decided to reformat the 256gb drive as NTFS and will try again. Hopefully it will work this time.
    Don't forget to install the extra filesystems !

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    If you set up SaMBa you can send files over the network allieviating the need to plug into either PC
    I will try to set up samba once I finally get a drive set up and working right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    Don't forget to install the extra filesystems !
    I did already but it didn't help earlier. Hopefully the fresh format and using NTFS will solve my problems.

So after a nice long re-format and changing the file system to NTFS it appears to have worked! For the record, exFat is not a valid file system for usb sticks on picoreplayer. I am very glad to have this finally sorted out.