Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Just Boom Dac + 7" Touch Screen Case

Hi all,

I bought the official Touchscreen case and it requires some drilling / cutting for the DAC outputs. And I don't see a cutout for the MicroSD Card

This is meant to be a gift, and I would prefer a ready made solution to keep it neat. Are there any Touchscreen Cases which can accommodate the Official 7" Touchscreen + Pi3 + Justboom DAC?

Sorry fullerms I can't help you but...

AFAIK, there is no "official Touchscreen case" but here is a "case for official Touchscreen", subtle difference, but it means we don't know what you are referring too.

The people selling the "official Touchscreen case" are being a *little* dishonest.

regards
    Greg

Hi fullerms,
    We made two solutions for the 7" Touchscreen with sound card. One with HiFiBerry and requiring a little drilling and soldering. And one with IQaudIO where there's no complicated DIY necessary. We are also looking into creating a solution for the JustBoom sound cards.
    However, you could currently go the same route as the HiFiBerry DIY solution with JustBoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi fullerms,
    We made two solutions for the 7" Touchscreen with sound card. One with HiFiBerry and requiring a little drilling and soldering. And one with IQaudIO where there's no complicated DIY necessary. We are also looking into creating a solution for the JustBoom sound cards.
    However, you could currently go the same route as the HiFiBerry DIY solution with JustBoom.
    Thanks, but I decided to get the Smartpi case instead. They have just closed a kickstarter project for a larger back cover which will cover HAT boards too.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...?ref=user_menu

Hi fullerms,
    Thanks for the follow-up. The project looks like a nice idea, however, the maximum space of 13 mm for HAT boards would make it a really tight fit for sound card HATs. I just checked the JustBoom DAC HAT and it seems to need at least 15 mm space. Nonetheless, a nice project about which we would love to find out more once you have the case in action.

Quote Originally Posted by Max2Play View Post
    Hi fullerms,
    Thanks for the follow-up. The project looks like a nice idea, however, the maximum space of 13 mm for HAT boards would make it a really tight fit for sound card HATs. I just checked the JustBoom DAC HAT and it seems to need at least 15 mm space. Nonetheless, a nice project about which we would love to find out more once you have the case in action.
    The space for the HAT board is actually 15mm and the JustBoom DAC HAT is around 14.6mm. The creator has mentioned they might be able to offer another deeper version of the cover, awaiting more information. Will post here when I get more info.