X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mherger
    Babelfish's Best Boy
    • Apr 2005

Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 is out!

> Ok cool, what kind of info do you need and where will I find it?

The full log files (feel free to upload to
    https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a), information about
    your computer running LMS, your music collection.

--

Michael
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• Sounder
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mherger
      >

Not easily, unfortunately. We have dozens of Perl version/platform
      combinations for which I'd have to re-compile them... But if you were
      able to compile them on your platform, I could certainly try to help you
      to get them running on your LMS.

Michael
      It's worth the try for me, I can certainly get them compiled, please provide instructions/dependencies and I'll give it a shot over the weekend.

Regards.
      Duet + AudioEngine A2 powered speakers, Radio, Touch + Margulles Hybrid ACRH 1.2 + SA-2 speakers.

Comment

• mherger
        Babelfish's Best Boy
        • Apr 2005

Logitech Media Server 7.9.0 is out!

> It's worth the try for me, I can certainly get them compiled, please
        > provide instructions/dependencies and I'll give it a shot over the
        > weekend.

As you're on a Mac... I did a quick test with the latest Image::Scale,
        and it did indeed no longer hang the scan. Alas, in the AC/DC case it
        would simply return no image at all. I'd therefore still suggest you do
        fix the artwork in those files.

A new build for macOS is up now. Please give it a try.

--

Michael
        Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
        (LMS: Settings/Information)

Comment

• TGG1804
          • Aug 2012

> Ok cool, what kind of info do you need and where will I find it?

The full log files (feel free to upload to
          https://www.dropbox.com/request/T3RctyzGgNg0oFDubq6a), information about
          your computer running LMS, your music collection.

--

Michael

I fixed it reading the log I discovered a track it was failing on! checked the track (it was an audiobook track, no idea where it came from) deleted and rescanned everything! all working! Thank you for the help

Comment

• Sounder
            • Jan 2010

>

A new build for macOS is up now. Please give it a try.

Michael
            Michael, just tried the nightly build and it worked flawlessly, I can finally use v9.1! , THANKS A LOT for all your help and patience!
            Duet + AudioEngine A2 powered speakers, Radio, Touch + Margulles Hybrid ACRH 1.2 + SA-2 speakers.

Comment

• mrw
              • May 2010

The packages already have huge overhead... and armel isn't that popular any more.

Have you tried building yourself? It's not too difficult. Takes some
              patience, though...

--

Michael
              Thanks for your response, understood.

With some application of patience I have built them myself.

It now looks ok but I would like to review the logs first, with a view, perhaps, to offering them up on a fork should anyone else wish to take advantage.

There were a few issues arising during the build, which are not armel related. I was intending to post them as github issues, for you to act on, or not, as you feel fit. Unless you'd rather I posted here.

But a quick question: do you know why the Linux platform build is requiring libgd ? I can't see any obvious dependency. I have built with it and without it, with no discernible effect - the built modules are identical. So I'm wondering if my build is right, but I can't see which package requires it. I'm using Debian Stretch, Perl 5.24.

Comment

• mrw
                • May 2010

Hmm... might be a legacy from before Andy wrote Image::Scale.
                Thanks. That was my thought.

Comment

• Triplefun
                  • Apr 2014

squeezebox boom 192/24

I keep getting Sox errors when trying to play 24/196 files. Installing c-3po plugin made no difference. I'm using the latest 7.9.1 beta. Do you need a logbfile?
                  Last edited by Triplefun; 2018-04-06, 21:50.

Comment

• Mnyb
                    • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Triplefun
                    I keep getting Sox errors when trying to play 24/196 files. Installing c-3po plugin made no difference. I'm using the latest 7.9.1 beta. Do you need a logbfile?
                    You should probably get back to basic . remove the c-3po plugin . remove any custom-convert.conf file (if such exists) and reset all file-types setting to default (enable everything basically ) .
                    And open your own tread as this is not a typical 7.9.x thing it just works for most of us .
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                    Bedroom/Office: Boom
                    Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                    Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                    iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                    server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• mrmichaelwright
                      • Dec 2015

"New Music"

"New Music" seems to have stopped working? Not sure if this is a known issue, not really a search term that works in the forum.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 - 1522249619 @ Wed Mar 28 17:08:48 WEDT 2018
                      Hostname: DESKTOP-1GOGELT
                      Server IP Address: 192.168.2.26
                      Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
                      Operating system: Windows 10 - EN - cp1252
                      Platform Architecture: 586
                      Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
                      Audio::Scan: 0.95
                      Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

Comment

• w3wilkes
                        • Jan 2009

Originally posted by mrmichaelwright
                        "New Music" seems to have stopped working? Not sure if this is a known issue, not really a search term that works in the forum.
                        Odd, New Music works fine on my Win10 Pro with same release of LMS in your post.
                        Wilkes

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 8.5.1 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets ( both WiFi, both work perfectly, new power supply) and Squeeseslave
                        Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 8.5.1 on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B (WiFi) /Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
                        Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
                        Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Comment

• mrmichaelwright
                          • Dec 2015

strange.

I've added 4 albums in the last 2 weeks.

2 of them were ALAC and 2 were mp3, new music does not list the mp3 albums only the ALAC ones.

All 4 of the albums are available through artist name etc

Comment

• kidstypike
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mrmichaelwright
                            strange.

I've added 4 albums in the last 2 weeks.

2 of them were ALAC and 2 were mp3, new music does not list the mp3 albums only the ALAC ones.

All 4 of the albums are available through artist name etc
                            Check the "Date Modified", could be a clue there?

Click image for larger version

Name:	smash.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	1564310
                            Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                            Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                            Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                            Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

• mrmichaelwright
                              • Dec 2015

so the date modified on the artists folder checked out but I noticed a problem with the cover art (BLISS reported the coverart image was over 4mb for both albums)

This shouldn't have effected new music i guess but as a result of fixing the cover art the date modified changed to just now and a rescan has popped both albums into new music

I don't often add mp3 files, i guess the date modified of each individual track must have been an older date as it wasn't a CD rip. Don't get me started on artists not offering lossless downloads.......

Thanks

Comment

• Triplefun
                                • Apr 2014

squeezebox boom 24/192 sox error

Originally posted by Mnyb
                                You should probably get back to basic . remove the c-3po plugin . remove any custom-convert.conf file (if such exists) and reset all file-types setting to default (enable everything basically ) .
                                And open your own tread as this is not a typical 7.9.x thing it just works for most of us .
                                Thanks for your response. Of course I tried the raw install without plugins or conf file changes before raising this issue. Also, I am running Windows 10 and not Linux (I use Daphile for my Linux music player) so ,maybe the issue is not so obvious.

I checked the log file which highlights the following error with SOX (everything is as is following a clean install) ..

[18-04-09 10:31:24.9727] Slim::Player::Song:pen (408) Transcoder: streamMode=F, streamformat=flc
                                [18-04-09 10:31:24.9730] Slim::Player::TranscodingHelper::tokenizeConvertCo mmand2 (617) Using command for conversion: "C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\flac.exe" -dcs -- "G:\Music\Music\D\Dire Straits\Love Over Gold\01 - Telegraph Road.flac" | "C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\sox.exe" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 48000 - |
                                [18-04-09 10:31:24.9731] Slim::Player::Song:pen (558) Tokenized command: "C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\flac.exe" -dcs -- "G:\Music\Music\D\Dire Straits\Love Over Gold\01 - Telegraph Road.flac" | "C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\sox.exe" -q -t wav - -t flac -C 0 -r 48000 - |
                                [18-04-09 10:31:24.9768] Slim::Utils::OS::Win32::getPriorityClass (752) Error: Slim::Utils::LogCan't get process handle () [Wrong number of parameters: expected 0, got 1.
                                ]

I have attached the log files ...
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...