Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    I have solved the matter. It was Ghostery that was causing the problems. I disabled my extensions in Firefox and added them back one at a time and identified Ghostery as the culprid. Then I added

http://127.0.0.1:9000/ as a trusted site in Ghostery and it works fine now.
    Interesting. Some time ago I decided to have different firefox profiles for general web use, LMS and one other application. I have almost no add-ons on my LMS profile except those that give more screen space (hiding toolbars etc), and because I never use it for the web, don't worry about privacy extensions, cookies and so on. My general web profile has loads of tweaks for privacy and security, including Ghostery, although whether they really help much is another matter.
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Running on openSUSE Leap 42.2

Hi,

Michael, first of all I would like to thank you and all other contributors for all the work you put into this software. I really appreciate it.

I installed the RPM packages on openSUSE Leap 42.2. Everything works fine. I upgraded from a fairly recent 7.9 nightly build. There was one small beauty spot during the RPM upgrade. Got this error message:

ln: failed to create symbolic link '/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/Slim/Slim': File exists

I assume that an update to the RPM package using the -f flag for the ln command would get rid of this error message.

Regards, Johan

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Stig,
    could you please take this to a different (Spotify related) thread?
    Done: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...AS-Ultra-2-1-3

I spend half the Sunday doing clean LMS installs on my NAS. Unfortunately not with much luck. Even a complete basic "virgin" installation of 791nighly has problems opening Spotify submenus via webinterface (It opens the Playlists menu, but it takes 35 seconds). So in the end I gave up, and I have now returned to a 781nightly installation which runs nicely.
    However I hope that the log and notes taken in the process (and posted in above linked) can be of some use...
    /Stig
    www.rockland.dk - www.last.fm/user/rockland - www.discogs.com/user/StigNygaard - plus.google.com/+StigNygaard
    Server: LMS 7.9.1 (LmsRepack) - 1503129892 @ Sat Aug 19 on Synology DS716+II. Clients: RPi3 (Max2Play, 7" touch, HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro), SB Touch, OrangeSqueeze/SqueezePlayer. Livingroom HiFi: Marantz PM6005 and F3/Lyd Audiovector 2.

Try my Art Grabr for fetching big cover-art from various sites - And Album Linkr for a better last.fm desktop browser experience...

Bug with MariaDB

Hello Michael,

Many thanks for the great work during all these years! I installed 7.9.0 and noticed that the rescan (Look for new and changed media files) option is broken, at least when using MariaDB. I get the following error in the scanner.log logfile:

[17-03-16 16:30:22.2933] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (122) Error: DBI Exception: DBD::mysql::db selectrow_array failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near '== 'ssp'
    ) AS t1' at line 10 [for Statement "
    SELECT COUNT(*) FROM (
    SELECT DISTINCT(url)
    FROM tracks
    WHERE url NOT IN (
    SELECT url FROM scanned_files
    WHERE filesize != 0
    )
    AND url LIKE 'file:///music/playlist%'
    AND virtual IS NULL
    AND content_type == 'ssp'
    ) AS t1
    "]

This can be easily fixed by updating the Scanner/Local.pm file as follows:

187c187
    < my $ctFilter = $args->{types} eq 'list' ? "= 'ssp'" : "!= 'dir'";
    ---
    > my $ctFilter = $args->{types} eq 'list' ? "== 'ssp'" : "!= 'dir'";

Best regards,
    Nicolas

7.9.0 release candidates - please test!

> < my $ctFilter = $args->{types} eq 'list' ? "= 'ssp'" : "!= 'dir'";
    > ---
    >> my $ctFilter = $args->{types} eq 'list' ? "== 'ssp'" : "!= 'dir'";

== indeed is an operator which is not compatible with MySQL/MariaDB, but
    would be accepted by SQLite. I'll fix that.

MySQL compatibility probably hasn't seen a lot of attention recently.
    Please let me know about any further findings.

Thanks!

--

Michael