Disclaimer: This is a copy of my thread on the Kodi forum. It's a script I've been working on (and is a work in progress).
I suspect the number of people who will be interested in this will be very few but I thought I'd share anyway...
I have Logitech Media Server/Squeezelite running on my HTPC. It outputs audio via an amp unlike Kodi which is through HDMI to the TV. This means I can play music without my TV on. However, there are times when I'd like to let people know what's playing. I've therefore created this script to give a "Now Playing" type view through Kodi.
I've got a first version running. Here are some screenshots:
1. Minimal now playing
2 Basic playlist control
3. Changing player
6. Player controls
To use, you need to set the server settings (IP address and ports) and then run the script.
Pressing 0 displays the playlist.
Pressing 9 displays player menu (access to apps, library search etc.)
Pressing 8 displays player controls
Left and Right to select a squeezeplayer.
If you want to try it, the code is on github: https://github.com/elParaguayo/script.squeezeinfo NB Krypton only
Bugs (and there will be bugs) can be posted here or on the issues page on github.
- I work long hours on my job and have a lot going on in my life in the moment so development will happen when I'm ready and able!
- The fonts are dependent on whatever skin you're using so it may look different/ugly. The screenshots are based on Estuary.
There's already an excellent squeezeplayer addon available xsqueeze which is far more functional/comprehensive than mine so I won't be offended if people would rather use that one.
I've enjoyed writing this and if I'm the only one who uses it then that's fine with me!
Results 1 to 3 of 3
2017-03-05, 11:38 #1
- Join Date
- Nov 2015
Kodi script to control/show now playing information about your squeezeplayers
2017-03-05, 15:33 #2
Great work! I'll try it sometimes in the near future.
XSqueeze ist fine and all that--but it only works (i.e. looks nice) on one skin only ...
Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit TapatalkCurrent setup:
- EEEBox, Xubuntu 14.04, LMS 7.9, FLAC
- Duet > Pro-Ject DAC Box E > AKG Hearo 888 Titan (home office), Boom + Canton ASF 75 SC (master bedroom), Boom (master bathroom), 2 Radios (guest bathroom and garden deck), RPi3 + LibreELEC + XSqueeze > Samsung TV > NAD L53 > Mission 2.1 speakers (living room)
- Transporter > vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (42E equalizer, 42T tape deck + Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II (music room)
2017-03-05, 15:36 #3
- Join Date
- Nov 2015
I've got the same issue as scripts can't use custom fonts. This means this script will look slightly different depending on which skin you are running.