Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NPR Live stream

NPR & JazzFM

I'm not sure how related this is but I cannot get the NPR plugin to work. Ditto the JazzFM plugin. The BBC iPlayer & iPlayer Extras plugins work faultlessly.

Any steers?
    Raspberry Pi 3 model B, Open Media Vault (OMV) 3.0.88 Erasmus, LMS 7.9.1 - 1508251793
    Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Shellness View Post
    I'm not sure how related this is but I cannot get the NPR plugin to work. Ditto the JazzFM plugin. The BBC iPlayer & iPlayer Extras plugins work faultlessly.

Any steers?
    The best place to ask question on plugins is on their respective "Announce" thread such as JazzFM http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...-JazzFM-Plugin and for NPr plugin http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...R-Radio-plugin

On these threads you can see
    1. JazzFM changed their website and broke the plugin. Triode who maintained the plugin is no longer around.
    2. Regarding the NPR plugin NPR broke their website have not fixed it. They have since changed audio formats. Most programs are now available through podcatss so the plugin is more or less redundant. Post on the NPR thread if you have a specific query.

OK, thank you.

I hope BBC iPlayer never goes the same way - I would have to have it surgically removed.
    Raspberry Pi 3 model B, Open Media Vault (OMV) 3.0.88 Erasmus, LMS 7.9.1 - 1508251793
    Squeezebox Classic
    Squeezebox Duet
    Squeezebox Radio

Quote Originally Posted by Shellness View Post
    OK, thank you.

I hope BBC iPlayer never goes the same way - I would have to have it surgically removed.
    BBC makes changes all the time - it's just there are more active users who notice. I made the NPR plugin a few years - it broke and it was months before anybody commented. I fixed it, and it was broken again and again months before anybody noticed. Some users, find a plugin, try it out, make remarks and even suggestions for new features and then seem to never use it again.