Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Album Artist Tag and Compilations.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Here is an example. I have a 4CD compilation of "The Very Best of Blues Guitar". There are 40+ different "ARTIST" tags, so LMS automatically puts this album in the 'Various Artists'. This is all fine with me. Is there any way to make it to where this album will ONLY show up in the Various Artists section. I have other full albums by Eric Clapton, Muddy Waters, etc and "The Very Best of Blues Guitar" will show up there too, showing only the songs on the compilation by that artist.

Hope that was clear enough. Thanks in advance.

In LMS web: "Settings" > "My Music" > "Compilations"

In LMS settings, i have it set to "group compilation albums together".

My problem is that compilation albums are showing up in 'Various Artists' AND under each artist in the compilation. BUT I have to have other albums by that artist for it to appear. If there is an artist on some compilation that I have no other albums by, it does not appear.

I'm afraid you can't avoid it. It's been discussed quite a bit in the past. Here's just one of the old threads on the subject:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...nder-an-artist

Now that I think about it, and now that we have the option (in LMS 7.9) of being able to browse both 'All Artists' and 'Album Artists', maybe it would make sense to suppress these albums when browsing Album Artists. Or to have an option to do so.
    Last edited by JJZolx; 2017-03-02 at 19:20.

Dang that what I was afraid of. Thanks for your help.

i have been talking about these issues for years. SBS needs to totally rethink and redo how it handles these things imo, but i doubt it will ever happen.

a person should be able to browse so that at a minimum they can easily choose on the fly:

Album Artists only
    Artists only
    Album Artists AND Artists together (and combined as one where the string matches)

all these problems date back to comp status, how thats detected and handled, which in part dates back to tagging in the early days not having an Album Artist field.

there are ways to work around a lot of these issues in SBS, but the out of the box exp is just totally out of sync with intuition or what any other software does.
    Using: Win7 64 + LMS 7.9 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations