Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    hi there,

Always have dreamt to get an original Transporter (not the SE one)... I have just bought a second hand 7yo Transporter for 450 EUR. It should arrive soon home.

Now, is this expensive and will it worth its price?

I currently have a Touch linked digitally to a Cambridge Audio DAC linked analog to my amp.
    Am I upgrading my system? Will I hear a difference hooking the Transporter to my Amp via analog cables?

Thx for your feedback!
    The Transporter is above and beyond the Touch as far as sonics are concerned. And I'm not one of those whimsical, voodoo, higher-end is better kind of people. (In fact, I really wanted my Touch to win the shootout...I much preferred its low profile and GUI)

S/hand "Trans-Nav" Knob Transporter - reliability & current value

Quote Originally Posted by didjean View Post
    Always have dreamt to get an original Transporter (not the SE one)... I have just bought a second hand 7yo Transporter for 450 EUR. It should arrive soon home.

Now, is this expensive and will it worth its price?
    Hi didjean!

I still have a Slim Devices branded Transporter which I bought off eBay in 2009 for about ú800 - it could be as much as 12 years old now, I've used it extensively most days for the last 8 years & the sound quality is indistinguishable from an unused SE model I got from the US earlier this year (for about ú540 delivered).

I've also recently bought a s/hand Logitech branded "with knob" Transporter off eBay in the UK for about ú450 this year, so I would say that you got a good enough deal.

I think that you'll like it. Enjoy!

Dave

I am now a happy owner of a Transporter. This represents the Icing on the cake on my Squeezebox collection of devices :-).
    I only tried it for an hour. This is definitely good compared to my Touch and Cambridge DACMagic :-).
    Can't wait to be back home to further test... :-)
    Touch + Cambridge Audio 651R & DAC Magic + Q Acoustics Concept 40 --- Touch + Onkyo TX-SR309 + Morel Applause MKII --- SB2, SB3, and Duet --- 2 Boom --- 7 Radios --- Ipeng --- LMS 7.9.0 - 1470912157 / Max2Play IQAudio on RaspberryPi3