Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Two Squeezelite instances on one player ?

Oh, the shame , I'm trying to enable two instances of Squeezelite on one rpi3 running piCorePlayer v3.10-Audio

I have one rpi3 with picoreplayer and LMS enabled.

I have another rpi with a hifiberry digi+ hat with the default Mac address for Squeezelite (the pi with LMS has a different Mac address).

I have tried attaching a usb MyDac to the pi with the hifiberry hat, in the Squeezelite settings I select usb output, configure the sound output and give it a new name and a unique Mac address, save and reboot.

The IP address changes and I then go to the Tweaks page and complete the User Command #1 line and save.

Which ever i set up first makes no difference there is only one instance of Squeezelite running.

Do I have to edit a config file somewhere? or have I got the sticky end of the stick? (I have scerched through the forum like a good Rabbit looking for Small but can find no relevant information)

Any abuse welcome

Ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Oh, the shame , I'm trying to enable two instances of Squeezelite on one rpi3 running piCorePlayer v3.10-Audio

I have another rpi with a hifiberry digi+ hat with the default Mac address for Squeezelite (the pi with LMS has a different Mac address).

I have tried attaching a usb MyDac to the pi with the hifiberry hat, in the Squeezelite settings I select usb output, configure the sound output and give it a new name and a unique Mac address, save and reboot.

The IP address changes and I then go to the Tweaks page and complete the User Command #1 line and save.

Which ever i set up first makes no difference there is only one instance of Squeezelite running.

Do I have to edit a config file somewhere? or have I got the sticky end of the stick? (I have scerched through the forum like a good Rabbit looking for Small but can find no relevant information)

Any abuse welcome

Ronnie
    These things can always be a little tricky. Set the pCP Squeezelite interface for the hifiberry. Then for the second instance, the user commands on the tweaks page is the right spot.

I would open an ssh session and workout the second squeezelite command line. Once it is working, then paste it in the user command. (User commands on the tweaks page run as root, so they don't need sudo, and they are automatically backgrounded, so no trailing & is needed).

Any abuse welcome

Ronnie
    Well first I'll flame you, Try searching harder !!!!!

I know what searching this forum is like, I once spent about an hour for something I posted myself !!

I know the method is in the Pcp thread somewhere but not sure which version.

But i think your method is correct. setup with the output you want to use, copy the command line to User command and revert the main output back.

I know you say make unique MAC address but to clarify your 2nd instance should be unique from the first but the first can be unset (ie from pi hardware)

Have you tried a 2nd just with the analogue output ?
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.0 - 1475786002 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Any abuse welcome

Ronnie
    Your method works for me:-

"Main" output command line /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "piCorePlayer-1" -o hw:CARD=ALSA -a 80:::1: -m b8:27:eb:8b:d2:1c -s 127.0.0.1 -v
    Forget the 127.0.0.1 bit and the MAC is fake - Analogue output

2nd output command line /usr/local/bin/squeezelite -n "piCorePlayer-2" -o sysdefault:CARD=ALSA -a 80::32:1: -m b8:27:eb:8b:d2:1d -s 127.0.0.1 -v
    Forget the 127.0.0.1 bit and the MAC is fake - HDMI output

2nd output is in "User 1"

Name:  Picore.jpg
Views: 101
Size:  14.3 KB

Right,

so I set up the hifiberry and add in the User command for that using the default Squeezelite settings?

Then, do I just add the second User command for the MyDac whilst still on the same page?

Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -n "MyDac" -o front:CARD=MYDAC,DEV-0 -a 80:4::1: -m b8:27:eb:12:25:63
    or do I restart Squeezelite and configure the MyDac and then save and go to Tweaks.

Ronnie

AAAHHHHHHHHHH I see that I should be using /usr/local bin, is that right?
    Last edited by Man in a van; 2017-02-20 at 07:24.

Right,

so I set up the hifiberry and add in the User command for that using the default Squeezelite settings?

Then, do I just add the second User command for the MyDac whilst still on the same page?

Code:
    /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/squeezelite-armv6hf -n "MyDac" -o front:CARD=MYDAC,DEV-0 -a 80:4::1: -m b8:27:eb:12:25:63
    or do I restart Squeezelite and configure the MyDac and then save and go to Tweaks.

Ronnie
    No, I only mentioned the "Main" instance as a way to get the correct command line. IE set each up as "Main" and copy the command line(s) then you have 2 known working command lines.

Change the Names so each are unique and only bother with a unique MAC on the "2nd" instance (the one to be pasted in "User1")

You only put the second instance in the user commands leave the other as "Main"

Hope this is clear !!

Name:  Pcp1.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  242.1 KB

Name:  Pcp2.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  46.3 KB

Bear of little brain nails it! (maybe)

Thanks Jeff and Paul for the input.

I got there Jeff, a bit of a detour but here I am

Name:  working 2 squeezelite.png
Views: 87
Size:  47.5 KB

First I reset the router, lots of IP flying around.

Then I started to first install the hifiberry but confusion intervened at the Mac address part and I stopped and did the Mydac first and pasted that line into the User Command.

Then went back for the hifiberry and after a bit of clicking about and Squeezelite not starting I seem to have it working.

I say seem, because neither dacs are connected to anything as I don't have an amp with me at the moment.

The Silences are inky black

ta very much for slapping my wrist

Ronnie

Thanks Jeff and Paul for the input.

I got there Jeff, a bit of a detour but here I am

Name:  working 2 squeezelite.png
Views: 87
Size:  47.5 KB

First I reset the router, lots of IP flying around.

Then I started to first install the hifiberry but confusion intervened at the Mac address part and I stopped and did the Mydac first and pasted that line into the User Command.

Then went back for the hifiberry and after a bit of clicking about and Squeezelite not starting I seem to have it working.

I say seem, because neither dacs are connected to anything as I don't have an amp with me at the moment.

The Silences are inky black

ta very much for slapping my wrist

Ronnie

Well I checked mine with a pair of headphones and both are working, Although the Pcp GUI says squeezelite isn't running !

Don't use double quotes around the player name when using User commands.