Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

piCorePlayer: Audio-Output => Bluetooth-Speaker

Hi there,

I really like my five piCorePlayers with Shairport and Multiroom to stream everything from my Smartphone, Tablet and Macbook to all my rooms. :-)

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to play the audio output via bluetooth to my bluetooth speakers or bluetooth headphones? The Raspberry Pi 3 has already bluetooth onboard so it would be nice to pair a bluetooth speaker.

Is this somehow possible? Or are there any plans for the future?

Best Regards
    Miriam

Quote Originally Posted by Miriam View Post
    Hi there,

I really like my five piCorePlayers with Shairport and Multiroom to stream everything from my Smartphone, Tablet and Macbook to all my rooms. :-)

Now I'm wondering if it's possible to play the audio output via bluetooth to my bluetooth speakers or bluetooth headphones? The Raspberry Pi 3 has already bluetooth onboard so it would be nice to pair a bluetooth speaker.

Is this somehow possible? Or are there any plans for the future?

Best Regards
    Miriam
    It's technically possible, but we have no plans to do it. Rpi3 built in Bluetooth causes too many other problems too.

piCorePlayer: Audio-Output => Bluetooth-Speaker

I plugged in a Creative BT-W2 USB dongle and it shows up as a USB Audio device, paired it to my Senn HD 4.50 BTC headphones, works a treat. The BT paring is handled in hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Relwell View Post
    I plugged in a Creative BT-W2 USB dongle and it shows up as a USB Audio device, paired it to my Senn HD 4.50 BTC headphones, works a treat. The BT paring is handled in hardware.
    Can you please explain what you mean by 'The BT paring is handled in hardware'?