Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Tidal HiFi-->Squeezebox Touch - files reading as MP3?

Hi all,

I recently discovered by accident that you can tap on the artist name and album title on the Squeezebox app and the file information reads up on the screen - what I've been finding is that a fair number of titles show as being MP3, definitely more than I had expected.

In doing a bit of reading I discovered that when Ickstream was the app that was being used there was a glitch where MP3 was listed as the file format but it was actually playing FLAC is it possible that it's the same issue in this case?

My Squeezebox Touch is hard wired to my router and I have high speed internet, I am paying for Tidal HiFi service and many titles do read as being FLAC but a fair number are being read as MP3 as well.

In the settings for the Tidal app I found "FLAC or MP3" which is what is selected but there is no "FLAC only" setting.

Next step is to go into the Tidal desktop app to confirm if titles that come up as MP3 on my Squeezebox read as being HiFi on the desktop app, in the meantime if anyone can shed some light on this let me know.

Thanks...

Tidal HiFi-->Squeezebox Touch - filesreading as MP3?

What LMS version are you using? Are you using the official app or
    ickStream's?
    --

Michael

When used Tidal hifi for a short while I found out that only approximately 80% of the music was flac .

Some odd titles are/where not aviable as anything but MP3 regardless of subscription.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    What LMS version are you using? Are you using the official app or
    ickStream's?
    --

Michael
    I'm using the official version - even tried deleting the app and re-installing. I need to double check on the Tidal desktop app to see if it reads HiFi versus MP3 on my Touch to see if there is a discrepancy there...

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdness View Post
    I'm using the official version - even tried deleting the app and re-installing. I need to double check on the Tidal desktop app to see if it reads HiFi versus MP3 on my Touch to see if there is a discrepancy there...
    Ill bet if you search for the same track via the desktop of smartphone app, you'll find it in mp3 as well.
    Joggler O2/Squeezeplay OS w/EDO hack->Monoprice USB ->W4S DSDse -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim Audio P-5 -> Cardas Golden Reference XLR -> Sim Audio W-5 -> Cardas Golden Reference Hi-Mid,PS Audio Xstream Plus Low-> Magnepan 3.6R /// Joggler O2/SqueezePlay OS w/EDO hack ->USB-> Oppo HA-1 -> AKG K550