Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Do you have lame installed
    Yes and it does sometimes get invoked for Internet streams.

That may not be what *de*codes the mp3 stream to allow you to reencode it at a lower bitrate. Lame is the encoder of choice. It may be attempting to find mpg123 as a decoder.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    That may not be what *de*codes the mp3 stream to allow you to reencode it at a lower bitrate. Lame is the encoder of choice. It may be attempting to find mpg123 as a decoder.
    So, sometimes it thinks it supports direct streaming and it did. Other times, it thinks that it doesn't support direct streaming and it uses lame. This is for the same url!

Thanks

That bit I hadn't picked up on.. but it's an internet stream. Is it variable bit rate?
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

My need for this had gone away. I'll visit this again, if I ever have the need. Thanks again!