Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    What are your settings on this page in LMS > Settings (this is from mine, I'm on 7.9)

Attachment 22134
    My "Various Artists" box is blank. That certainly explains the connection to Compilations.

All else the same except the number of entries for "New Music Limit.

I assume ypu do a "Clear library and rescan" after making changes to your tags?

A "look for new and changed media files" doesn't really tidy up all changes.
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I assume ypu do a "Clear library and rescan" after making changes to your tags?

A "look for new and changed media files" doesn't really tidy up all changes.
    Several full scans in fact. I may do "look for new . . ." when just testing a theory by editing one album.

see the links in my sig, and be aware that its advisable to do all the following imo:

1. keep all files from any one CD in one folder.
    2. only use comp=1 tags if u want them, don't use any others. will force comp status.
    3. del all disc tags. (optional, but may solve weird issues)
    4. treat TPE2 as Album Artist in settings
    5. group comps together
    6. change the blank default string value for what to name a comp in settings to ANYTHING that is not likely to be a string in your collection, like: " -.-Various Artists -.- " to avoid bug 9532
    7. assign actual Album Artists values to everything even if its redundant
    8. clear and rescan
    Using: Win7 64 + LMS 7.9 & Duet & ipads w/the logitech app, and ipeng on an ipod
    http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph..._Artists_logic & http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Compilations