Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    Hi Charles

Not sure if it's appropriate to ask you in this thread but... a question for you.
    I haven't been fingerprinting audio tracks for about 2 years because I thought we'd lost access to MIP on ARM based computers. Had to go through real 'hoops' to get nearly 4000 tracks fingerprinted and archived on an old redundant PC. I have a powerful iMac which would be far better at the task and have the Mac version (v1.8) of MIP running on it. However, because the MIP Servers are dead, fingerprinting has to be done offline. I haven't been able to fingerprint offline on Mac so... Is there any way that you know of to do offline fingerprinting on Mac?

Thanks

Bob
    In answer to my own question...
    By installing the Windows version (1.9b) onto iMac using the latest version of WineSkin Winery (v2.6.2 with engine WS9Wine2.3) MIP works a treat and analysis/archiving is very very fast. I tried Wineskin some time ago and couldn't get MIP working properly but it appears that recent versions have fixed most of those problems. The GUI has glitches - toolbar buttons have no icons and track selection doesn't 'appear' to work. Track selection does in fact work but the tracks are not highlighted - shift/select to select a range doesn't highlight any tracks but they are in fact all selected. Give it a try and experiment - you will find it works. Analysis on my iMac is much faster than I've ever seen it on a Windows PC.

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

Hi all,

I get the following errors when starting the server. After this the terminal session hangs although the server has started. If I quit the terminal session, the server quits as well.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo /home/pi/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer start
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.
    Starting server on port 10002
    Unsupported setsockopt level=0 optname=32
    setsockopt - IP_MULTICAST_IF: Protocol not available

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    Hi all,

I get the following errors when starting the server. After this the terminal session hangs although the server has started. If I quit the terminal session, the server quits as well.

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo /home/pi/MusicMagicMixer/MusicMagicServer start
    ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
    Hi,
    I have the same errors messages, but it works anyway.
    I registered mmserver as a service, as described in Frankd post.
    So I use to start it :
    $ sudo service mmserver start
    but if you don't register the script as a service, you should run :
    $ /home/pi/MusicMagicMixer/mmserver start
    You should avoid the server to stop when you quit the session.
    Hope it helps.
    LMS 7.9.0
    on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch, 1 transporter SE
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Thanks Antoniop,

I registered as a service, but I have the same problem. As long as the terminal session is open the server is running, but when I close the session, the server stops. Also, while the service is running, LMS doesn't see it. Spicefly Sugarcube is running but it all of the tracks it chooses are random.

I have these services running on a Linux box and a Mac with no problems. I just can't get it working properly on the RP3.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Thanks Antoniop,

I registered as a service, but I have the same problem. As long as the terminal session is open the server is running, but when I close the session, the server stops. Also, while the service is running, LMS doesn't see it. Spicefly Sugarcube is running but it all of the tracks it chooses are random.

I have these services running on a Linux box and a Mac with no problems. I just can't get it working properly on the RP3.

Thanks anyway for your help.
    Sorry if it didn't help. Maybe I have some other clues:
    Did you check that MusicIP is started before LMS ? otherwise LMS will not see it. Make sure it's the case:
    stop LMS:
    Code:
    sudo service logitechmediaserver stop
    start mmserver with the script:
    Code:
    /home/pi/MusicMagicMixer/mmserver start
    wait for a moment, check that MusicIP server is started then restart LMS
    Code:
    sudo service logitechmediaserver start
    Also make sure mmserver script is ok. It's like the "&" is missing at the end of the launch command line.
    Mine is the following:
    Code:
    #! /bin/sh

# NON-PRIVIELEGED USER TO RUN MUSICMAGICSERVER.
    USER=pi
    # PATH TO THE MUSICMAGICMIXERSERVER 
    export MUSICHOME=/home/$USER/MusicMagicMixer/
    case $1 in
        start)
            su - $USER -c $MUSICHOME"MusicMagicServer start  & > /dev/null" 
            echo "Running MusicMagicServer"
            exit
            ;;
        stop)
            su - $USER -c $MUSICHOME"MusicMagicServer stop  & > /dev/null" 
            echo "Stopped MusicMagicServer"
            exit
            ;;
        *)
            echo "Usage: /etc/rc.d/init.d/mmserver { start | stop }"
            exit
            ;;
    esac
    Last edited by Antoniop; 2017-06-27 at 15:08.
    LMS 7.9.0

Thanks again Antoniop,

I copied your script exactly (changing the path a little bit to fit my setup), stopped LMS, and ran this session:

pi@max2play:~ $ /home/pi/MusicIP/MusicMagicMixer/mmserver start
    Password:
    Running MusicMagicServer
    pi@max2play:~ $ ERROR: ld.so: object '/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libarmmem.so' from /etc/ld.so.preload cannot be preloaded (cannot open shared object file): ignored.

pi@max2play:~ $ sudo service logitechmediaserver start

Both MMM and LMS are running, but LMS still doesn't see MMM. All of the tracks chosen are random. Both servers point to the same path where the music tracks are /media/pi/SmallTunes. It's confusing because I have been running these two severs on other platforms - Windows, Linux, Mac - for several years with happy results. I got a RP3 so I wouldn't have to keep a laptop running all of the time, but I'm not having much luck so far.

Any other suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.

One other little clue:

I'm using SpiceFly's replacement interface for MMM and Test Mix Creation works so I know MMM is working correctly. However, it takes a few seconds before the mix is created. I haven't seen that delay on other platforms. Maybe that is causing a timeout between LMS and MMM? I read something about that in the original post in this thread.

Thanks for your help.

Hi again,

Well, I disabled all of the plugins that I wasn't using and that seems to have solved the problem. I should have disabled them one at a time so that I could have figured out which was causing the conflict (or whatever), but I didn't so I don't have that information.

Anyway, if anyone else has the issue of LMS not interacting properly with MMM using a RP3 and the configuration described in this thread, disabling unused plugins may help.

Hi again,

Well, I disabled all of the plugins that I wasn't using and that seems to have solved the problem. I should have disabled them one at a time so that I could have figured out which was causing the conflict (or whatever), but I didn't so I don't have that information.

Anyway, if anyone else has the issue of LMS not interacting properly with MMM using a RP3 and the configuration described in this thread, disabling unused plugins may help.
    Hi,
    I'm happy that your problem is solved. I don't actually use Spicefly, didn't try it yet, but I know I should.
    I think LMS with MusicIP on RP3 is slower anyway than on a regular PC or on a Mac. I also have a memory usage problem, because I have too much plugins enabled maybe. I should disable some of them and see what happens.
    It also seems that, due to qemu usage, MusicIp tends to increase its memory usage with time, so Frankd told on another post that he restarts MusicIp every night with crontab to prevent this.
    All in all, it works quite well anyway, it's fast enough, the RPI uses little power, makes no noise and, since nobody uses it to do something else, is always available. I'm happy with it.
    LMS 7.9.0

Hi Antoniop,

I'm a long-time Spicefly Sugarcube user. I switched to an ARM-based server a few years ago and MusicIP didn't run on it, so I abandoned Sugarcube for the SmartMix plugin although it didn't provide the mixes I liked as much as Sugarcube. When Logitech discontinued that, I went back to Sugarcube on an old laptop. Now that I can run MusicIP and Sugarcube on an RP3, I feel like I have the best possible combination for the type of listening I do.

Sugarcube has always had superior mixes and I recommend it highly.