Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Recipes

Hi all,

This is slightly off topic, but I am wondering if anyone has a recipes.xml file with more than one recipe in it that they would be willing to share. I've been searching for quite a while and been unable to find one. I've found the general instructions from Spicefly (http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?...usicip-recipes), but think a good example would be helpful.

Thanks.

Memory leak

First post updated with a workaround for the memory leak.
    In the meantime I can report that this setup has been stable for a couple of months.
    Last edited by frankd; 2017-08-13 at 13:40.

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    First post updated with a workaround for the memory leak.
    In the meantime I can report that this setup has been stable for a couple of months.
    Hi Frank, thanks a lot, this works fine with me too.
    Antonio
    LMS 7.9.0
    on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

--nomysqueezebox & License Manager

cparker,

I hope you're still reading these forums. I've PM'd you but I seem to recall you saying a message in these forums is more likely to be seen by you

As I'm sure you know, the --nosqueezebox switch on LMS startup removes any dependency on mysqueezebox.com. Unfortunately Sugarcube uses Lisence Manager to validate lisences and Lisence Manager runs through mysqueezebox.com. So my, and I'm sure others, who have valid Sugarcube lisences will no longer be able to use Sugarcube! It's a great shame because it's one of the best plugins for LMS. Is there any way around this other than switching mysqueezebox.com back on?

Bob
    1 x Touch
    1 x Radio
    1 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

This is probably a really basic question but what is the best way to transfer the musicip folder onto your Pi? Do you transfer the tgz file and extract it on the Pi or extract in Windows and drop the folder onto the Pi using Samba?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    This is probably a really basic question but what is the best way to transfer the musicip folder onto your Pi? Do you transfer the tgz file and extract it on the Pi or extract in Windows and drop the folder onto the Pi using Samba?

The easiest is probably to download the linux version at http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-software as Frank said, then unpack it.
    If you're not familiar with linux shell command, here is how to :
    - open a terminal window
    - download the file using wget, shell command
    wget http://www.spicefly.com/files/mp/MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz
    - unpack :
    tar xzvf MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz

It will create a MusicIp directory
    LMS 7.9.0
    on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniop View Post
    The easiest is probably to download the linux version at http://www.spicefly.com/article.php?page=musicip-software as Frank said, then unpack it.
    If you're not familiar with linux shell command, here is how to :
    - open a terminal window
    - download the file using wget, shell command
    wget http://www.spicefly.com/files/mp/MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz
    - unpack :
    tar xzvf MusicMixer_x86_1.8.tgz

It will create a MusicIp directory
    Excellent exactly what I needed. Thank you. I just need to wait for my laptop to analyse the 4000 tracks I have added since giving up on MusicIp and then I will try the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    cparker,

I hope you're still reading these forums. I've PM'd you but I seem to recall you saying a message in these forums is more likely to be seen by you

As I'm sure you know, the --nosqueezebox switch on LMS startup removes any dependency on mysqueezebox.com. Unfortunately Sugarcube uses Lisence Manager to validate lisences and Lisence Manager runs through mysqueezebox.com. So my, and I'm sure others, who have valid Sugarcube lisences will no longer be able to use Sugarcube! It's a great shame because it's one of the best plugins for LMS. Is there any way around this other than switching mysqueezebox.com back on?

Bob
    Hi

Just to cover this off, there is a repository link here for a version of SugarCube that works when using the --nosqueezebox switch;

http://www.spicefly.com/media/scube4x/beta485.xml

Add your email address used for licensing into the EMail address box on the SugarCube Plugin settings page, then go into License Manager and press the Refresh license status button and the licences should be pulled down.

I'll update my site when I get a moment with screenshots etc

Cheers
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Another basic question.
    What should I enter as the "root folder of music"? I am not sure how to specify the path.

I am finding that after LMS does a scan the musicmagicserver stops running. I cannot connect to it at the usual IP address. If I reboot the server then it runs. Any ideas what could be causing this. This is on a Pi3 with Max2play.