Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    My tracks are on a USB drive plugged directly into the Pi. I analyse tracks on a backup USB drive connected to a windows laptop, then copy them across the network to the Pi's drive. The start up time of the mmserver is exactly the same whether default.m3lib is present or not.
    Is there any way of viewing what the Pi is doing during the start up time in the terminal window. At the moment I see nothing until "starting server on port 10002"

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Yes, but try the other suggestions. Also post the command you use to mount your usb drive, or the extract from /etc/fstab if it's in it. I'll compare with what I do.
    LMS 7.9.0
    on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniop View Post
    Yes, but try the other suggestions. Also post the command you use to mount your usb drive, or the extract from /etc/fstab if it's in it. I'll compare with what I do.
    From fstab

UUID=54D8D96AD8D94ABE /media/usb0 ntfs defaults,nofail

I am not quite sure why this is relevant. The USB drive works perfectly with LMS and SAMBA and the slow start up occurs at any time not only after a reboot.

From fstab

UUID=54D8D96AD8D94ABE /media/usb0 ntfs defaults,nofail

I am not quite sure why this is relevant. The USB drive works perfectly with LMS and SAMBA and the slow start up occurs at any time not only after a reboot.

Hi,
    Well, computers are not "exact science", some things can have an impact even if there is no apparent relationship. I know there are ways to better mount disks in linux, but I'm not an expert on ntfs on linux, I use only linux formatted drives. So, I can't give an advice right now.
    What you can do then, is stop LMS, copy some files to the SD card, unplug your drive, start MusicIp and see if it changes anything.
    LMS 7.9.0
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniop View Post
    Hi,
    Well, computers are not "exact science", some things can have an impact even if there is no apparent relationship. I know there are ways to better mount disks in linux, but I'm not an expert on ntfs on linux, I use only linux formatted drives. So, I can't give an advice right now.
    What you can do then, is stop LMS, copy some files to the SD card, unplug your drive, start MusicIp and see if it changes anything.
    I don't think MusicIP reads the USB drive when it starts, it reads the default.m3lib file on the sd card. Is there a log file which would tell me what was happening during the service start up?

I don't think MusicIP reads the USB drive when it starts, it reads the default.m3lib file on the sd card. Is there a log file which would tell me what was happening during the service start up?

There is a file in home sub directory .MusicMagic/log.txt.
    I'm not sure that you'll have what's happening at startup.
    LMS 7.9.0
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch