Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    I validate tracks on an external drive plugged into my Windows laptop and then transfer them over the network to a hard drive plugged onto the Pi. I then add the tracks using the MusicMagicServer webpage on port 10002 on the Pi. Even the total number of songs is different according to MusicMagicServer. 45983 on Windows and 45965 on the Pi.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
    Just a guess for the difference of non-validated songs (does not explain the difference of total files): Did you add exclusions in your windows setup. If I remember correctly, there might be even default exclusions in a standard windows setup (audiobook...), which will not be analyzed / validated. Thus these files are not counted as "non-analyzed".

Quote Originally Posted by frankd View Post
    Just a guess for the difference of non-validated songs (does not explain the difference of total files): Did you add exclusions in your windows setup. If I remember correctly, there might be even default exclusions in a standard windows setup (audiobook...), which will not be analyzed / validated. Thus these files are not counted as "non-analyzed".
    I used to do this but I think I turned off all the filters in Windows because all the unanalysed tracks caused problems. I'll check later.

Thinking about it I only have 100 unanalyzable songs in Windows but 1100 in Linux so I think I did turn off all the filters. Is there an easy way to tell which files the server thinks are not validated? Have you tried validating tracks on the Pi?

Thinking about it I only have 100 unanalyzable songs in Windows but 1100 in Linux so I think I did turn off all the filters. Is there an easy way to tell which files the server thinks are not validated? Have you tried validating tracks on the Pi?

I do not know how you can list non-validated songs with a headless setup

Validation on the raspberry works, but is very slow.
    It does not archive your results (add the fingerprint as a song-tag), thus you would be back to square one in case you should "loose" your database (restarts shouldn't be a problem or adding new songs).

I do not know how you can list non-validated songs with a headless setup

Validation on the raspberry works, but is very slow.
    It does not archive your results (add the fingerprint as a song-tag), thus you would be back to square one in case you should "loose" your database (restarts shouldn't be a problem or adding new songs).
    If you open the default.m3lib file on the Pi from the MusicIP Mixer on a Windows machine you can see the non-validated tracks. Sure enough the non-validated tracks do not contain a fingerprint. Replaygain info is also missing but I have no idea why.

If you open the default.m3lib file on the Pi from the MusicIP Mixer on a Windows machine you can see the non-validated tracks. Sure enough the non-validated tracks do not contain a fingerprint. Replaygain info is also missing but I have no idea why.

Actually most of the non-validated tracks do have fingerprints and I can create a MusicIP mix from them so I have no idea what is going on.

It seems to be possible to open the default.m3lib file on the Pi in the Windows MusicIP mixer and analyse the tracks in the Pi's library from there. This is just as fast as analysing on a local disk and archives the fingerprint in file metadata.

How do I know if my crontab entries are working? I stopped the MusicMagicServer yesterday and this morning it was still not running. I thought the crontab entry would have restarted it overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by Antoniop View Post
    It's because you have
    "su - $USER -c"
    in your script, and not sudo instead of su, as in frankd script.
    su prompts for a password, that's certainly why it doesn't work in the crontab, there's no password entered at run time.
    At boot, because the user that runs mmserver script is root, the su command doesn't ask for a password to run the job as pi (I didn't know it, I just tried it).
    sudo works differently. It doesn't ask for a password if there is a rule in file /etc/sudoers that says so. /etc/sudoers is the rules file that says how to deal with sudo commands, according to users and commands. I didn't changed anything to this file.
    I have the original script (with su) and I had the same problems.
    So I changed the crontab with this :
    Code:
    0 1 * * * sudo service mmserver stop
    5 1 * * * sudo service mmserver start

It's strange, it doesn't work for me, I have the message "Sorry, user pi is not allowed to execute .."
    I have exactly the same problem with crontab and the reason seems to be that mmserver in init.d is not the same as the one in MusicMagicServer. After copying it to the init.d folder it is then edited but the original version (with su) is run in the crontab.

First post updated with some bugfixes and addons to the tutorial reflecting the recent discussions

Added instructions for Music IP Recipes
    Added instructions for Music IP Filters
    Do you use filters in MusicIP? I only ask because I am having issues where MusicIP seems to ignore the filter settings. More info is in this thread
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108391