Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Receiver fails: led white and then led turns off?

This is the second receiver which has this problem: it connects (led turns white for 1 sec) and then turns off completely. I've tried to reset the device, added the correct data and tried again. Same problem.

Yesterday it worked fine. Something which may caused it: this morning I had no internet (provider problems and no access to my local Squeezeserver), so the receiver could not connect at all.
    But later on (when everything worked again) no luck.

Config / settings seem to be fine, because the white led means connection to the server.

Any help?

Did you try factory reset of both the receiver and controller and then set it up from scratch?
    http://support.logitech.com/en_nz/article/8373
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

Quote Originally Posted by Lupker View Post
    Config / settings seem to be fine, because the white led means connection to the server.

Any help?
    not sure,
    yesterday I reboot the box of the provider and when I try the duet, the led was white but without connection in Wifi to the box. I need to reboot the duet too to synchronise the wifi connection.

I do not own the controller. Just old school http://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac
    The settings are ok. The connection is ok, but then it just turns off. I give up and buy the touch version instead. Hope this will work for a long time.

Have you checked if it connects to your server? The sequence of lights is consistent with it connecting to a server that thinks this player should be in "off" mode. In a similar situation, i.e. network coming back after an outage, I have had problems with the receiver automatically connecting to squeezebox.com when that becomes available before the local server. The Boomboxes do the same but they have front panels controls to go through the network config. I'd use http://projects.robinbowes.com/Net-UDAP/trac to check what it thinks it should be connecting to.

Almost sounds like a power supply starting to head south.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

Second on the power supply - if you have another receiver try the other power supply. Had one fail on me last month, picked up a compatible power supply on Amazon for $12, might be able to find one lower price with more research.
    "You know, I'm all for progress. It's change I object to."
    Mark Twain

LMS 7.9 on Raspberry Pi3 w/200GB SD
    5 Receivers, 1 Boom, 2 Radios, 1 Controller, 1 iPhone & 1 iPad w/iPeng & Squeezebox Apps, 1 Android phone w/Squeezer

Also consider replacing the WLAN card - on SB3 they can cause intermittent problems and then failure.

Easy and cheap to replace as used compatible WLAN card are about $/ú/€5-10

This is almost the same problem I am getting. It started a few days ago. I have done a factory reset on the Receiver and the Controller. What happens is the music will play for one or two minutes then drop out. The white light has turned blue. It may then turn back on for another short time no more than a could of minutes.
    So what you are saying is it could be a PS failure or a WiFi card. I did connect the Receiver with an Ethernet cable but still dropped out.
    Any further advice most welcome. I will see if I can get a PS tomorrow.
    Definately the Receiver. I have a SB Radio and that is fine. I have loaded the server on new hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfl View Post
    This is almost the same problem I am getting. It started a few days ago. I have done a factory reset on the Receiver and the Controller. What happens is the music will play for one or two minutes then drop out. The white light has turned blue. It may then turn back on for another short time no more than a could of minutes.
    So what you are saying is it could be a PS failure or a WiFi card. I did connect the Receiver with an Ethernet cable but still dropped out.
    Any further advice most welcome. I will see if I can get a PS tomorrow.
    Definately the Receiver. I have a SB Radio and that is fine. I have loaded the server on new hardware.
    Did you redo the network setup while connecting the Ethernet cable ? It won't start using it just because you plugged it in
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html