Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Did you redo the network setup while connecting the Ethernet cable ? It won't start using it just because you plugged it in
    Well I got out of bed (UK time) when I read your message on the tablet. I had factory reset the Receiver several times but not the important time when I connected to the router. I have just done this following the Hybrid install. It has just gone through several tracks of Richard Clayderman with out dropping, daren't play anything else at this time of night. Nice steady white light.

So can I assume it is the wireless card that has failed? Do you know what cards will work in the Receiver before I open it up.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated as it looks as if finally located the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfl View Post
    So can I assume it is the wireless card that has failed? Do you know what cards will work in the Receiver before I open it up.
    Brief thread on compatible WLAN cards - basically buy 2nd hand ones on ebay for about $,ú,€ 5-10
    http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...mp-Transporter

A bad wifi card usually stops complete operation of player even ethernet. As you seem adventurous - you could use net::udap to check and configure receiver manually before opening it up see http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...iguration-tool

Quote Originally Posted by Bobfl View Post
    Well I got out of bed (UK time) when I read your message on the tablet. I had factory reset the Receiver several times but not the important time when I connected to the router. I have just done this following the Hybrid install. It has just gone through several tracks of Richard Clayderman with out dropping, daren't play anything else at this time of night. Nice steady white light.

Thanks for your reply, much appreciated as it looks as if finally located the issue.
    You should probably consider some other wifi issue before resorting to replacing hardware. Your symptoms are consistent with wifi/networking issue, but not necessarily a hardware problem with your receiver.
    Possibly check for wifi congestion in your area (there are apps to check wifi information on smartphones, for example - to look if there are "hot" wifi spots near you using same channel). May also try full "network reset" - power down all ethernet devices, then methodically restart (one device at a time, with some delay to allow the device to fully boot and configure) - eg, cable modem, then router (assume your router does both DNS and wifi), any switches, and then the individual devices. You might also try (temporarily) locating your receiver in a different location (eg, close to your wifi router) to help rule out a marginal connection.

To add to the previous post,

I would also temporarily turn off any firewalls, network security, etc to see if that helps.

I used to have similar problems with my receiver (knock on wood I have been trouble free for a couple of years).

The solutions (independently, never simultaneously):

1) Updates at server end or firmware in router resetting firewall settings and usually blocking device (often took resetting firewall to let in all intranet traffic).

2) More commonly, crowded wi-fi and interference. This came from either neighbors wi-fi OR from other household devices (telephones or microwave). This issue finally required me to get a dual-band router and to get onto a different frequency band. This issue more often affected the wireless between by LMS computer and router, not the receiver to router connection (longer distance). It helped my overall home network, which makes sense.

Routers in general seem to be relatively disposable. I can't believe how many I've had to replace over the years.