Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by esylvain View Post
    as an option, could you please offer to show Year (ie. "anneeEditionMusique") and Record Company (ie. "label") ?
    I find it very nice to have these information concatenated to the Album Title, especially for FIP Radio, where music lovers really enjoy discovering new songs as well as indy record companies.
    I do collect the year - so try this in the UI for LMS
    Settings/Interface/Show Year with Albums : Enable

I'll take a look at making an option to collect and append the label - although that would mean that LMS would see it as the album name which might have ramifications elsewhere (although I doubt that it is used for much so could be fine)
    But overall, many thanks for this great plugin. Very well done.

Regards, Sylvain
    Thanks

Edit: Just tried it and looks like the year is not sent to the player UI when that setting is set ... however, you can add YEAR into the Title Format field below it which I expect will make it appear on old style SB devices.
    Anyway - I'll experiment.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2017-03-05 at 13:49.

as an option, could you please offer to show Year (ie. "anneeEditionMusique") and Record Company (ie. "label") ?
    I find it very nice to have these information concatenated to the Album Title, especially for FIP Radio, where music lovers really enjoy discovering new songs as well as indy record companies.
    Done - released 0.1.9 today.
    It has 2 new options in Settings to enable Label and Year.
    Note - they will only appear if the data is present in the source (of course) and if you have enabled presentation of the album name ... and there is an album name available.
    See also http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...e-like-players - where I suggest that it would be better to have ability to add this sort of thing in core LMS for Squeezeplay/Squeezelite+JiveLite style installation (e.g. Touch Radio or typical RPi-based deployments).

Will take a day or so for the update to become available to LMS via the regular list of 3rd-party plugins.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2017-03-06 at 08:42.

Hello Paul,

I feel so spoiled when I see the new version of the Plugin is here, with the features I wanted most. I only saw it today.
    So I have it activated and I will check how it works (tonight, FIP does not broadcast meta data, I have to wait...)
    Already many many thanks. Having Year + Record Company showing is a great feature.

I have one issue that I'd like to share. Maybe it is only me. When using your plugin:
    - cover art for FIP songs does show on the Logitech Media Server Web interface. All ok
    - also works fine on my Mac OS "SqueezePlay" where cover art is displayed
    - but cover art DOES NOT show on Android Squeezer, Android Squeeze Controller . Or cover art only show when radio playlist is displayed as "List", not full screen.

I do not know how the plugin works. It seems that there are 2 cover art format and one seem to be missing or not usable for some clients.
    (when I was using VersaRadio plugin, it was working ok and showing cover art for all clients. in case this can help.)

Keep up the very good work. thanks again
    Sylvain

- but cover art DOES NOT show on Android Squeezer
    Just had someone install and try Squeezer (I don't have an Android device) and cover art showed up without any obvious problems.

Cover Art issue - SOLVED

Quick update:

RadioFrance Plugin was not the cause for my "radio cover art" issue.
    I realized I had similar problem with other web radios: None of my mobile devices (Android or iOs) were getting cover art.
    But cover art was displaying fine for any other mp3 I played. Fine also for web radios with a web (LMS) or Mac OS client (SqueezePlay)

Here is how I fixed it:
    - uninstalled "Logitech Media Server" (mine was running on Synology NAS)
    - re-install exact same LMS Package
    - DISABLE "RADIOIO Plugin" ! -- this was the plugin causing Cover Art to fail displaying

It seems this obsolete RadioIO plugin is known to cause issues on LMS. But it came already installed & activated on the LMS Synology package.

Hope this helps. Now "RadioFrance" plugin works great. Beautiful work.
    Best regards,
    Sylvain

Great.

One last thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Great.
    Found another setting that was causing Cover Art to fail to display on my mobile devices when listening to web radios:

If your Logitech Media Server is running on Synology NAS (mine is DSM 6.1), you need to make sure:
    - you have a mysqueezebox.com user account (free)
    - in LMS Web Interface - Settings page
    - Click on Advanced tab > Performance menu
    - Make sure "Artwork resizing" is set to "Use mysqueezebox.com to resize artwork"

Sylvain

Announce - Song info plugin for FIP radio

> Found another setting that was causing Cover Art to fail to display on
    > my mobile devices when listening to web radios:

What mobile app? And are you seeing this problem with all kinds of web
    radios, or only those supported by this plugin?

> - Make sure "*Artwork resizing*" is set to "*Use mysqueezebox.com to
    > resize artwork*"

Are you saying that resizing in LMS wouldn't work?

--

Michael

What mobile app?
    • Android Squeezer,
    • Android Squeeze Controller
    • Android SqueezeDroid
    • iOS Logitech Squeezebox Controller

note: cover art was displayed fine on other devices (Mac OS SqueezePlay, LMS Web interface)
    And are you seeing this problem with all kinds of web radios
    • Yes, cover art on mobile apps is not available for all web radios. Not only the RadioFrance radios.

Are you saying that resizing in LMS wouldn't work?
    • Yes, for me, cover art displays on mobile apps only when "Use mysqueezebox.com to resize artwork" is selected
    • Maybe it is only the case when LMS is running on Synology NAS

Configuration information:
    - Logitech Media Server v7.9.0, 1453293926
    - Perl 5.024000
    - Synology DSM 6.1-15047 Update 2 on INTEL Atom C2538

I still prefer URL from the original provider (better quality)

Last Radio France URLs available here: http://www.radiofrance.fr/nous-ecouter#ecouter-tuner
    PFD: http://www.radiofrance.fr/sites/defa...-_mai_2017.pdf.(mise Ó jour mai 2017).
    Last edited by lopasilver; 2017-05-24 at 12:46.
    1 Touch, 2 radios, Squeezeplay
    Synology DS213 w/ LMS Repack: 7.9.1
    Mac Pro - OS X.9.5