Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Over 20,000 signatures asking Radio France to keep running the regional variants of FIP.
    https://www.change.org/p/pr%C3%A9ser...e-radio-france

Really great plugin

Your plugin is working fine, I was missing songs info for ages, thanks a lot !

All webradios URL are here :
    http://www.radiofrance.fr/sites/defa...tobre_2016.pdf
    Share and rejoyce !
    Last edited by lopasilver; 2017-02-16 at 04:30.
    1 Touch, 2 radios, Squeezeplay
    Synology DS213 w/ LMS Repack: 7.9.0 - 164.1136
    Mac Pro OS X.9.5

Great

That's really great ! I didn't knew these french radios where known in England (and other countries).
    (I love the women voices too)
    Thanks a lot, you're wonderful !
    LMS 7.9.0 - 1436071638
    on Linux Mageia 5
    1 SB3, 1 radio, 1 touch
    Plugins : Trackstat, IR Blaster, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

génial

Ca marche super,
    un grand merci

Quote Originally Posted by sitro0 View Post
    Ca marche super,
    un grand merci
    Merci

Parfois, par exemple pendant Jazzafip, il n'y a pas d'info - mais j'ai des idées ...

Paul, I've been noticing that about the absence of readouts during the lovely jazzafip section, too.

However ... if you switch to one of the regional feeds during jazzafip -- I've been using Strasbourg since our chum lopasilver posted that pdf of URLs -- you'll find that the artist and song readouts appear.

This seems to be a workaround until your "ideas" take shape, I think.

(And no, my French didn't suddenly improve ... I cheated with Google Translate.)

Announce - Song info plugin for FIP radio

I found two data source URLs for a lot of the stations. There is a setting to let you choose which one to use.
    The default tends to provide more timely info but is sometimes missing cover art.
    The other nearly always has cover art but sometimes arrives 30 seconds or more into the song - but is has nothing for JazzaFip or Sous les jupes.
    So the idea is to try both sources and pick the best at that moment. Easy in theory but does not fit easily into the architecture of the plugin.

Also, all of the stations are in TuneIn - so no need to type in the stream URLs.
    Simply Search in Radio/Internet Radio or browse by country and choose France/National Networks/Radio France
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2017-02-16 at 11:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Also, all of the stations are in TuneIn - so no need to type in the stream URLs.
    Simply Search in Radio/Internet Radio or browse by country and choose France/National Networks/Radio France
    My experience is that Radio France streams (from pdf above) are 128 kbps and much better quality than Tunein one's (64 kbps by default). But both working fine with your plugin
    1 Touch, 2 radios, Squeezeplay
    Synology DS213 w/ LMS Repack: 7.9.0 - 164.1136
    Mac Pro OS X.9.5

Quote Originally Posted by lopasilver View Post
    My experience is that Radio France streams (from pdf above) are 128 kbps and much better quality than Tunein one's (64 kbps by default). But both working fine with your plugin
    I'm also getting 128 kbps MP3 from those pdf URLs, and they sound good.

The two autour-du channels I've listened to (also using the pdf URLs), jazz and rock, sound less good and are lower level. And the "more info" on my SB3 curiously does not provide a bitrate entry for these. But to my ears, less good.

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    I'm also getting 128 kbps MP3 from those pdf URLs, and they sound good.

The two autour-du channels I've listened to (also using the pdf URLs), jazz and rock, sound less good and are lower level. And the "more info" on my SB3 curiously does not provide a bitrate entry for these. But to my ears, less good.
    I just played Autour Du Rock and Jazz from command line ... and they were 192k
    AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 192.0 kbit/12.50% (ratio: 24000->192000)
    Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

For the regular FIP station, TuneIn returns to URLs - midfi (as in the PDF and is 128k when I play it) and lofi.
    Perhaps LMS chooses one randomly.

If you enable debug logging for my plugin then you will see which stream URL is really being played.
    (it gets redirected to a different host - but is the same stream)
    For example - here is an edited log entry from when I was playing FIP (via a Favorite that points to a TuneIn reference)
    Code:
    [17-02-19 17:55:47.0042] Plugins::RadioFrance::Plugin::timerReturn (461) fipradio - timerReturn - client Kitchen stream changed to http://chai5she.lb.vip.cdn.dvmr.fr/fip-midfi.mp3