Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Announce - Song info plugin for Radio France (FIP, France Musique, Mouv')

This is a plugin for Radio France - covering FIP (and the web only stations), France Musique (the web only stations) and Mouv'

Once installed and LMS has been restarted you should play one of the supported radio stations. If the plugin is working then you should see artist details (artist/title/{cover}/{album}) appear around the time that a new track starts.

FIP stations supported:
    FIP (including regional variants while they last), FIP autour ... du Rock, du Jazz, du Groove, du Monde, de l'Electro plus Tout Nouveau and Evenement (Reggae at time of writing).

France Musique stations supported:
    Classique Easy, Classique Plus, Concerts Radio France, La Jazz, La Contemporaine, Ocora Monde, Evenementielle / Classique Kids
    but not France Musique itself as they only make the programme name available and that comes from Tunein anyway

Mouv’ stations supported:
    Mouv’
    Mouv’Xtra

Note: Radio France does not always provide track information in a timely manner - so if you find that sometimes no new details arrive then check on the FIP site to see if they have the same problem.

This plugin relies on the time on your local LMS server to be roughly correct - timezone and time - because the local time is compared with the scheduled time for each track at FIP
    If things are not working then enable Debug logging for this plugin via LMS/Settings/Advanced/Logging interface, repeat the problem and then check the LMS logs.

You can configure whether or not to have the album name displayed. Default is to show it (if provided by Radio France) but as a consequence you will no longer see the station name.

One anomaly with the data from Radio France is that they provide the name/title/album in upper case which doesn't look great so I convert them but this can lead to some odd presentation - especially as they replace apostrophe with space in their data ... so, for example ...
    "I'll Be There" will end up as "I Ll Be There".
    Never mind
    If you any questions then reach out ...

It is included in the LMS list of 3rd-party plugins - so just search in there for "Radio France".

Note - this replaces my previous "FIPRadio" plugin. So if you installed that one then the best thing to do is disable that earlier plugin, remove the repository, restart LMS and then enable "Radio France" (and restart LMS again).

Version history:
    0.1.10 17-Jun-2017
    Add FIP Autour de l'Electro
    Change alternate fetch mechanism to always fetch if available and remove setting that controlled it
    Change some station logos to higher definition

0.1.9 06-Mar-2017
    Add ability to show record label (publisher) and year at end of album name

0.1.8 22-Feb-2017
    Modify the alternate fetch mechanism to get from both sources to improve chances of getting cover art

0.1.7 07-Feb-2017
    Add alternate URL for Mouv'

0.1.6 07-Feb-2017
    Add radio station Mouv' Xtra
    Add setting to allow programme image to replace station logo
    - note will not have any effect for many stations because many do not provide the data

0.1.5 06-Feb-2017 Add alternate URLs for FIP stations and make them (all in one) selectable.
    Makes more tracks have images but updates might not be as timely.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2017-06-17 at 22:00. Reason: New release - 0.1.10

Thanks Paul
    Plugin is working great here and I'm listening to more FIP as a result :-)
    Jeremy
    RaspberryPi3 server running Raspbian & LMS 7.9, USB hard drive
    Lounge - Transporter with -10dB internal attenuation, Pi2 running Squeezelite, Linn LP12/Ekos/Troika, Naim NAC102, Linn Tunebox crossover, 4 x Naim NAP250 power amps, Linn Keltik active isobarik speakers
    Office - Squeezebox Boom
    Kitchen - Squeezebox Boom
    Sunroom - Squeezebox Boom
    Bedroom - Squeezebox Radio x2 plus another in en-suite
    Dining Room - SB3 & small computer speakers

Thanks Jeremy.

I've been making a new one today ... to add the 7 Internet-only stations from France Musique ... so I'll probably end up with an add-in call RadioFrance that can do FIP and France Musique and maybe some others.

France Musique Internet stations are:
    Classique Easy
    Classique Plus
    Concerts Radio France
    Ocora Monde
    La Jazz
    La Contemporaine
    Classique Kids / L'evenementielle (currently plays as Kids but other naming suggests this might change from time to time)

Looks like no point in doing the main France Musique because they seem to only provide programme info and TuneIn already has that.

and just added Mouv' as well

I plan to publish a new repo tomorrow.

Announce - Song info plugin for FIP radio

> One anomaly with the data from FIP is that they provide the
    > name/title/album in upper case which doesn't look great so I convert
    > them but this can lead to some odd presentation - especially as they
    > replace apostrophe with space in their data ... so, for example ...
    > "I'll Be There" will end up as "I Ll Be There".

How do you do the case change? I'm trying the same, but I'm often
    failing on accented characters...

--

Michael

I'm doing the same as you ... because the routine comes from your DRS plugin.
    However, FIP sends only uppercase A-Z - no accents - so straightforward ... but ends-up being technically wrong.
    I have reached out to them to suggest that that change what they send but apart from telling me that it has been forwarded to the right department, I haven't had anything significant back.

When I extended this to support other Radio France stations I saw that their data does include accented characters but a totally different data format so looks like different teams working on their web infrastructure.

From reading a bit about how lc works ... maybe it is necessary to specify that the input string is UTF8 encoded.

This hack sort of shows what is going on ...

I tried it on a Windows 10 "DOS" prompt session
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/perl
    use warnings;
    use strict;
    use Encode qw(encode decode decode_utf8);

my $in_enc = 'utf-8';
    my $out_enc = 'cp850';
    my $testoctets = pack("C*", 0xC3, 0x84);	# Upper-case A-umlaut as UTF-8 Store this script as ANSI/ASCII to show that it does not rely on being UTF-8 file

# text strings::
    my $text_str = decode($in_enc, $testoctets);
    print "Decoded by decode:$text_str:\n";

$text_str = decode_utf8($testoctets);
    print "Decoded by decode_utf8:$text_str:\n";

$text_str = lc $text_str;
    print "lc of string:$text_str:\n";
    print encode($out_enc, $text_str); # should print 'ä', if lc worked as expected
    From Windows command line prompt ...
    chcp
    you will see the current code page - was cp850 on mine
    which matches the out_enc above ... and the script works (in that the final print out is lowercase a-umlaut
    then type
    cpcp 65001
    run script again and it does not appear to work (because it is producing the output in a character set not handled by the terminal session)
    and change $out_enc to utf-8 and rerun the script then it should display the lower case a-umlaut

Quote Originally Posted by jeremy View Post
    Thanks Paul
    Plugin is working great here and I'm listening to more FIP as a result :-)
    Jeremy
    Ah

The Auld Alliance - Scotland and France

We'll see how you get on next Sunday

Name:  1 auld alliance.jpe
Views: 450
Size:  13.5 KB

Paul, just wanted to thank you for this plugin.

I stumbled on FIP toward the end of last year and I love the main station. The one thing lacking, given my rudimentary French, was a readout of artist and title ... and now you've filled that gap. I didn't know about your earlier plugin, but this new one is a godsend.

I've now added the jazz stream and the rock stream to my faves, but the main FIP station remains my real fave. Even if I don’t grasp much of the banter from the presenters, the girls all sound sexy and the boys all unshaven. Or is the other way around? Anyway, such an eclectic (yes, éclectique!) mix of music. Right up my street.

This is what Squeezebox has always been about and hopefully always will.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by whitman View Post
    Paul, just wanted to thank you for this plugin.

I stumbled on FIP toward the end of last year and I love the main station. The one thing lacking, given my rudimentary French, was a readout of artist and title ... and now you've filled that gap. I didn't know about your earlier plugin, but this new one is a godsend.
    You are welcome.
    The earlier FIP-only plugin lasted a few days once I worked out how to give France Musique the same treatment.
    France Musique also has a jazz station that you might like to try.