Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by cliveb View Post
    Apologies, I appear not to have made myself clear.

I was talking about making sure you've plugged the cables into the digital input sockets on the back of the TP, and not inadvertantly plugged them into the digital output sockets. I know it sounds like a daft thing to suggest, but we can all have senior moments!

I've double checked all connections CD digital out to Transporter digital in... every thing is clearly marked.

I've got the cover off the Transporter and the ribbon connecting the mother board and input board appears to be fully inserted into the sockets and solidly in place at both ends. I even tugged on the ribbon gently and it doesn't move at either end.

I thought about unplugging and reseating the ribbon connections but I'm hesitant to attempt that for fear of damaging the ribbon -- it doesn't feel like it would come out easily. And it isn't apparent to me how it comes out -- that is; whether the ribbon alone pulls out of the plastic base or the base and ribbon pull out of the board as a unit.

It looks like a solid connection to me... maybe I have a software problem?

Name:  Transporter Ribbon.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  97.3 KB
    Last edited by jazzman53; 2017-02-01 at 14:34.

I'm not clear on what constitutes "installing the digital inputs plugin". I have LMS loaded onto a laptop, which streams wirelessly to the Transporter.

On the laptop I accessed the LMS settings menu and verified that the "digital inputs plugin" box was checked (it was).

So, if having the box checked in LMS constitutes having the digital plugin installed, then it's installed.

Normally I stream music wirelessly from the laptop (iTunes or web radio) and control it with an iPad app. I had never tried playing from the digital inputs and controlling with the remote until a few days ago when I couldn't get it to work.

It's not clear to me how the digital inputs setting in LMS on the laptop installs the plugin on the Transporter.
    Last edited by jazzman53; 2017-02-01 at 16:13.

Some other ideas:
    https://www.google.com/search?client...iw=320&bih=404

Maybe try the one about deactivating the digital inputs plugin then reactivating it again.

Just wanted to confirm that you are using one of the sets of analog outputs from the Transporter, as the Transporter doesn't pass through the digital signal to the digital outputs.

Cool that you built your own electrostats.

Quote Originally Posted by riffer View Post
    Just wanted to confirm that you are using one of the sets of analog outputs from the Transporter, as the Transporter doesn't pass through the digital signal to the digital outputs.

Cool that you built your own electrostats.

If that's true then you've just explained the problem. I'm using the TP's Toslink output (exclusively) into a Behringer DEQ2496 and then digital AES cable into a Behringer DCX2496 crossover-- the objective being to limit the number of D/A conversions in the signal path to just one; coming out of the DCX to the amps.

Also thanks for the comment about my DIY ESL's... they are far and away the coolest project I've ever done (it's a psychosis, actually).

Quote Originally Posted by jazzman53 View Post
    If that's true then you've just explained the problem. I'm using the TP's Toslink output (exclusively) into a Behringer DEQ2496 and then digital AES cable into a Behringer DCX2496 crossover-- the objective being to limit the number of D/A conversions in the signal path to just one; coming out of the DCX to the amps.
    The whole idea behind the digital inputs is to be able to use the Transporter as a DAC. With volume control, if desired. Why wouldn't you have just run the CD player's digital out directly into the Behringer?

Quote Originally Posted by JJZolx View Post
    The whole idea behind the digital inputs is to be able to use the Transporter as a DAC. With volume control, if desired. Why wouldn't you have just run the CD player's digital out directly into the Behringer?
    The Transporter is upstream of the Behringer and serves as the preamp in my system. And I use it's volume control via an iPad app. I think the Behringer may have an input and/or output gain control but I'm thinking that would be rather clunky to use.
    I will look into that.

Of course, I could always plug the CD into the use TP and use the TP's analog outs to the Behringer-- and then have multiple D/A conversions in the signal path.

So, I'll probably keep things the way they are and continue ripping CD's to laptop and streaming them from there.
    Last edited by jazzman53; 2017-02-02 at 02:43.

Also thanks for the comment about my DIY ESL's... they are far and away the coolest project I've ever done (it's a psychosis, actually).
    Yes it's true Discovered it myself several years ago when I ran out of digital inputs on my DAC and was trying to use the transporter as a "switch" to have several digital inputs lead to one output. I believe I found some actual documentation from Slimdevices/Logitech on this at some point.

Bear in mind if responding that I'm a senior and not at all computer savvy.
    Hah!
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)