Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Mine always stops playing after completing a track

Quote Originally Posted by napsak View Post
    Thank you for sharing PWB. I was going to try out a free trial of the paid subscription to see if my situation improves. (Will try to do this maybe over the weekend)

Did you happen to notice when your playback stopped at home, was it randomly or at the end of a track that played fine the whole way though.
    I'm having the same problem with my Squeezebox set up as UESmartradio and my Pandora One subscription. It plays for a random period, then stops after completing a track. I believe it loads the cover image for what would be the next track, but doesn't play it. It will load another track and resume play with the next track button. I haven't tried watching the remote control app yet, but know that play can be restarted from it.

No problems with play on my laptop (at different times) using the Pithos Linux client. Plays forever.

Service is AT&T Uverse Internet 18/1.2 ADSL2+ and reliable as dial tone.

Dave

I am having the same issue. Have had Pandora plus for a long time and had not playback issues on my squeezebox touch. Suddently in the last few months it stops playing after a couple of tracks or after the first track. The messages shown are "connecting..." , "failed connection".

I can play music from my network without issues and the squeezebox is connected through wifi with a strong signal.

I beleive Pandora has changed something and that is creating these problems.

my problem is a much better now

A couple weeks ago I received a free access point from a sales rep. Pandora over the Squeezebox Radio works so much better now! I still can't usually play Pandora for 9 hours straight, but I can almost always play it for a couple hours without it stopping, where before it might play one or two songs and then stop. The access point I got is a Meraki MR32. It retails for about $500, so it's not a solution many people will use, but it is pretty incredible. I guess the point is that my problem was poor connectivity, but I agree that I think Pandora changed something a few months ago that caused streaming using a Squeezebox to be less reliable.

I'm having this problem with both Pandora and Slacker, but only when I access through mysqueezebox.com
    (works ok with LMS)
    Seems that it's pausing after every commercial.

Is there a fix or workaround for this?
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

SB Radio on MySB.com US East using both Slacker & Pandora (both free accounts) playing fine here, commercials and all.

Figures, shortly after posting that it was working Pandora stopped. Needed to re-select station to get it to play again (Play or FFWD did not start stream again).

It looks like Pandora and Slacker stopping is a problem with my Touch on mysqueezebox.com Just tried my SB Radio, and it's working there (I just opened my summer home where I access through mysqueezebox.com, at home I use LMS w/o a problem with my Touch.

Think I'll post my problem in the Touch forum.
    Last edited by Tony T; 2017-04-09 at 09:42.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Pandora stops playing after a couple songs

> It looks like Pandora and Slacker stopping is a problem with my Touch on
    > mysqueezebox.com Just tried my SB Radio, and it's working there (I
    > just opened my summer home where I access through mysqueezebox.com, at
    > home I use LMS w/o a problem with my Touch.

You said it was working with LMS. Could you please check what the
    content type would be when an ad is playing?
    --

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > It looks like Pandora and Slacker stopping is a problem with my Touch on
    > mysqueezebox.com Just tried my SB Radio, and it's working there (I
    > just opened my summer home where I access through mysqueezebox.com, at
    > home I use LMS w/o a problem with my Touch.

You said it was working with LMS. Could you please check what the
    content type would be when an ad is playing?
    --

Michael
    Michael,

Sorry for the delay in response, been away from my LMS
    The ads are playing at 128k CBR MP3, same as the music.
    Also, Pandora and Slacker stop playing when connected to mysqueezebox.com only with the Touch (SB Radio does not stop)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

I am having the same problem. Logged on to this site to see if there might be a solution. My Touch has worked without any issue playing Pandora for years. Started acting up about two months ago, and is now worthless. I have a paid subscription to Pandora as well. Same problem using Wireless or LAN connection. I guess it's time to find a more reliable, and supported device that will play music files on my network, and stream Pandora.