Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Well, as I tried to explain above, that's exactly what I did! But I got a warning in a window that popped up and it did'nt register as a station with the name. Just said "Title" So, for some reason, pasting the link did'nt work as I had expected...
    Have no idea about the shoutcast connection quality-wise. Should be 128 kb, but I'm not sure it is.
    Last edited by soundondisc; 2017-01-27 at 11:34.

Hi Mnyb, Tried to paste the URL you gave me again and now it works. Thanks for your help!

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by soundondisc View Post
    Hi Mnyb, Tried to paste the URL you gave me again and now it works. Thanks for your help!

Rob.
    Cool i think that ones was an 128kBps channel
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Another question...... for the experts!

I know it's not the same thread subject, but while here I'll give it a shot: On another pure internet radio I get a station that I would also like to have on the Squeeze Boom. Have tried several ways, but without result.
    Again I need the proper URL... The station is called Gotradio-Big Bands and Swing.
    Supposedly radionomy also relais it as it states on the net. Any suggestion of how to put that on the favorite list would be most welcome.
    Rob.

I know it's not the same thread subject, but while here I'll give it a shot: On another pure internet radio I get a station that I would also like to have on the Squeeze Boom. Have tried several ways, but without result.
    Again I need the proper URL... The station is called Gotradio-Big Bands and Swing.
    Supposedly radionomy also relais it as it states on the net. Any suggestion of how to put that on the favorite list would be most welcome.
    Rob.
    Can get GotRadio Big Band Land, can't get Got Radio Big Bands & Swing
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Server - LMS 7.9.1 > Raspberry Pi3/piCorePlayer 3.21, 25K library on a network drive, cache and playlists on a USB stick.
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Study - RPi 3/piCorePlayer 3.21 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > CA Minx 5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - RPi3/piCorePlayer 3.02 > HiFiBerry DAC+ > Sharp micro system
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio

Rob.
    This is not the correct way to do it ... but try this as a stream URL
    http://173.244.215.163:8430/listen.pls

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    This is not the correct way to do it ... but try this as a stream URL
    http://173.244.215.163:8430/listen.pls
    Hi Paul, thank you very much for your advice: It worked perfectly! Really chuffed with this result!

Hi Paul, thank you very much for your advice: It worked perfectly! Really chuffed with this result!
    Are you sure that station's 'Big Bands and Swing'? Is there definitely such a station? When I tried the link, the song playing was the one playing on 'Big Band Land'. I couldn't find a 'Big Bands and Swing' station on the GotRadio website either.

I'd recommend TuneIn Radio as the first port of call for any internet radio station.

Just do a search in the 'Search TuneIn' box for 'GotRadio'. It then produces 52 GotRadio stations. You can save any of them as a favorite on the same search page or through the 'M' link on the player page.

Nice source of music by the way ...

Chris
    4 Booms, 2 Classics, 3 Radios, 1 Raspberry Pi.

Hi Chris,
    Well here's the website: http://www.radionomy.com/en/radio/Go...andSwing/index but........ I just discovered that your station "Big band land" is actually the same! Surprising! The link that was graciously given to me
    by Paul does work but it's probably a fairly low bitrate. Audio-wise not the best, but was glad to at least have that.
    Do you have the URL for Gotradio Big Band Land at TuneIn? Have tried to locate it on the SBB but i'm not sure the URL has changed from what I had so far.
    Last edited by soundondisc; 2017-02-05 at 08:36.

Tried it again Chris, following your instructions and... and found it! Fine now! Thanks ever so much for your help to this novice!
    Rob.