Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Developer request

Hi all,

I currently run squeezelite on a variety of Raspberry Pi's fed into a multi-room amplifier. I must confess, I love to tinker, but I'm no expert when it comes to programming the Pi's.

My amplifier has a 3.3v trigger which will turn the amp on from standby. ( amp manual here: http://www.daytonaudio.com/media/res...l-revision.pdf)

I need each Raspberry Pi to send a 3.3v signal to the amp whenever that squeezelite player is powered on. Maybe the Pi can supply a small 3.3v trigger without needing additional power supplies?

I've seen various people have a crack at this in the past but the code is way above my level and I wouldn't know how to implement it. I'm willing to pay for somebody to help me come up with a suitable solution.

Thanks for reading,

Scott.

Easy to wire from a pi's GPIO header out to the amp in that case. You can set a GPIO pin to 3.3v or 5v with a couple of lines of shell code so it would be easy to script this.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by swc_scotty View Post
    Hi all,

I currently run squeezelite on a variety of Raspberry Pi's fed into a multi-room amplifier. I must confess, I love to tinker, but I'm no expert when it comes to programming the Pi's.

My amplifier has a 3.3v trigger which will turn the amp on from standby. ( amp manual here: http://www.daytonaudio.com/media/res...l-revision.pdf)

I need each Raspberry Pi to send a 3.3v signal to the amp whenever that squeezelite player is powered on. Maybe the Pi can supply a small 3.3v trigger without needing additional power supplies?

I've seen various people have a crack at this in the past but the code is way above my level and I wouldn't know how to implement it. I'm willing to pay for somebody to help me come up with a suitable solution.

Thanks for reading,

Scott.
    If you use Picoreplayer it is all built in
    Players: SliMP3,Squeezebox3 x3,Receiver,SqueezePlayer,PiCorePlayer x3,Wandboard
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320
    Plugins: AutoRescan/BBCiPlayer/PowerSave/PowerSwitchIII/Squeezecloud
    Remotes: iPeng8/Orangesqueeze/PC/Jivelite
    Music: 383GB,1269 albums 17756 songs 4381 artists mostly FLACs

Want a webapp ? See http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...Webapp-for-LMS

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    If you use Picoreplayer it is all built in
    hmm...
    a variety of Raspberry Pi's fed into a multi-room amplifier
    imho he had more than one rpi and one amp.

Its a piece of cake
    Looks quite eays - but its pretty hard to bake...

one rpi and one amp - easy
    more rpi - not that easy ...

Quote Originally Posted by DJanGo View Post
    hmm...

imho he had more than one rpi and one amp.

Its a piece of cake
    Looks quite eays - but its pretty hard to bake...

one rpi and one amp - easy
    more rpi - not that easy ...

He obviously has the required "OR"ing hardware to accomplish what he wants

As I said Pcp has the software functionality requested and in fact the latest squeezelite does (the -G option)

Jeff
    Server: LMS Version: 7.9.1 - 1503129892 on Centos 7 VM on ESXi 6.5.0U1 on Dell T320

Developer request

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff07971 View Post
    He obviously has the required "OR"ing hardware to accomplish what he wants

As I said Pcp has the software functionality requested and in fact the latest squeezelite does (the -G option)

Jeff
    Really appreciate your guys input on this. I will certainly explore pCP and see how this works. Is there a specific trigger option that is easy to enable for a n00b?

I in fact don't have any additional hardware to manage the trigger from multiple pi's into one amp. Certainly open to suggestions though depending on the final solution.
    Last edited by swc_scotty; 2017-01-19 at 11:56.

[OT]
    you could use something like a Schottky diode on each rpi - but if one of them failes - the rpi behind it is @99.99% out of order.
    i would not recommend it.
    [/OT]

Really appreciate your guys input on this. I will certainly explore pCP and see how this works. Is there a specific trigger option that is easy to enable for a n00b?

I in fact don't have any additional hardware to manage the trigger from multiple pi's into one amp. Certainly open to suggestions though depending on the final solution.
    SSR's would be how I would do it one for each Pi and have a small "Wall wart" PSU always on to provide the signal to the amp.
    Wire the "Contacts" of all the ssr's in parallel to switch the PSU to the amp. In this way all the Pis have 2000V odd isolation from each other

http://uk.farnell.com/infineon/pvt31...aic/dp/9103899

http://www.infineon.com/dgdl/pvt312....5356841f1c2960

*Edit* ignore the below. I have to enable the beta settings :-)

Hi Jeff,

I've installed PCP on my test rig.

You say that PCP has 'it all built in'. Can you possibly hold my hand a little through this process? I can't seem to find out how to activate any such setting. Googling doesn't return much either.

Thanks for your help.

Hi Jeff,

I've installed PCP on my test rig.

You say that PCP has 'it all built in'. Can you possibly hold my hand a little through this process? I can't seem to find out how to activate any such setting. Googling doesn't return much either.

Thanks for your help.
    No Problem.

Go to the Web GUI > Squeezelite Settings > Go down to "Power On/Off GPIO" set the GPIO you want to use (I use 13) Set to "Active High" and Save

All Done !

When the Player is "ON" the GPIO you specified goes high.

I use this in conjunction with the "Powersave" plugin works great !

Jeff