X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DJanGo
    • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Mnyb
    I'm on recent 7.9 .

This morning my Boom decided to not stay paused "off" did help either it just continued it's playlist . had to clear the playlist

This is one of the old unsolved mysteries of slimproto the players can do this it's been known for decades now.

But before cuing up this album I had tried to use Shairtunes2W ?

Wonder if some interaction with plugins can linger in the background ? If that helps anyone getting a clue .
    Hi,
    do you use NAT from your router to your lms ?

Comment

• donmacn
      • Jan 2010

is this the same as my Touch players coming on randomly?

... I think I did ask this once before, but had no idea it was a long-standing LMS 'mystery'!

Occasionaly I'll come home from work and find that one or other of my Touch players is "on". They might be paused on a play screen, or just 'on'. I guess if I see that one is on (I have four) then I now know to go around and check the others.

Is this likely the same issue? Or might this be something else?

They are linked to a Nova server, running LMS 7.9.

Edit: meant to say, this has never happened with the Booms, or the SB3's - just the Touch players.
      Last edited by donmacn; 2017-01-18, 22:43.
      SB user since 2000...
      3 x Touch; 2 x Boom ; 4 x Classic; 1 x Controller
      Controlled by iPad using 'Squeezepad'
      Vortexbox/Nova appliance running LMS version 7.9

Comment

• Mnyb
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DJanGo
        Hi,
        do you use NAT from your router to your lms ?
        No , static ip , Ethernet over some switches
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
        Bedroom/Office: Boom
        Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
        Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
        iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
        (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
        server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

• stereoptic
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Mnyb
          I controll mostly with ipeng or web ui anyway.
          I don't use ipeng, but I have Squeeze Player and Orange Squeeze installed on my android. When I use Orange Squeeze, for some reason it defaults to the Boom as the main player, not Squeeze Player on the android.
          I often forget this and I will select something to play on the android, and the Boom in the bedroom will start playing.

Not exactly your issue, but it got me thinking that maybe ipeng is involved. When I use my android to control the Touch or Boom, if I get a telephone call on the android it pauses the Touch or Boom (probably a setting that I never bothered to check - I don't get many phone calls! )

Comment

• bits
            • Sep 2007

Originally posted by donmacn
            Occasionaly I'll come home from work and find that one or other of my Touch players is "on". They might be paused on a play screen, or just 'on'. I guess if I see that one is on (I have four) then I now know to go around and check the others.

Same. I have 2x squeezebox v3 which I have had long enough they are slim devices badged, a duet and a touch.

Never has the v3's or duet misbehaved but my touch about every 6 months finds itself in the on state. I caught it do it once just recently, saw the screen change from the off clock background to the on clock background.

Comment

Working...