Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Both Receivers were visible on the mysqueezebox.com site last time I looked, which was just the other day. Not anymore. I have installed diddlely squat, so what would warrant this change? Meanwhile, there is the 23 digit password, which apparently is a red herring, which I'm 100% sure Logitech handed out to me. Fish. If I say I want to get a new password, I get to reset the one I have (which I've already done). The alternative is to ask for an account. Since I already have one, that probably won't help much, and I assume it would just mess things up even more.

What was the significance of being able, or not, to connect to webradio with the local server turned off that Toby suggested? Why was that suggested? To test whether I had access, I guess. Well it worked on one of the Receivers. Would this access influence the settings on mysqueezebox.com? That seems far fetched.

The Mysqueezebox.com still remembers my favourites and my apps. Just that the Receivers are gone. I'm reluctant to wipe everything, because I believe it will look as if I have not had an account.
    Last edited by Gadgety1; 2017-01-29 at 12:58.

I woke up in the middle of the night because the Squeezebox in my bedroom was fully on and lit with a bright white light. It was turned off when I went to bed. So this is behaving like a SB Radio (?), and living its own digital life, perhaps updating in the middle of the night? And now, when I have the PC turned on, the same SBR is completely turned off. This and my registered products removed from the mysqueezebox.com, as Mnyb said "Something's not right."
    Last edited by Gadgety1; 2017-01-29 at 23:41.

You could try resetting the receivers and the controller to factory settings and set them up from scratch.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

What do you mean "disapeared from mysb.com" ste they still registred but unconected , thats ok then they are conected to your lms install.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgety1 View Post
    ......What was the significance of being able, or not, to connect to webradio with the local server turned off that Toby suggested? Why was that suggested? To test whether I had access, I guess. Well it worked on one of the Receivers. Would this access influence the settings on mysqueezebox.com? That seems far fetched....
    To verify that your players can connect to MySB.com and are connecting to the correct MySB.com, which I'm starting to suspect isn't happening.
    No, it would not influence any settings on MySB.com by simply connecting the player.

You dont have an old mysb.com account ,that you forget the login to ? these where your players , not bougth used if remebered correctly ?

Maybe contact support with the MAC id of both the recievers and the controller .
    Support migth also verify that your MAC id is not spoofed by anyone else (it's happen some people did register software players as real squeezeboxes )

You should have one account only .
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.

Thank you all for your comments and advice. @Mnyb @Toby When I log in now, my Receivers do not show up any longer. I get a "Oops! You don't appear to have any players registered to this account." In addition when I tested to connect with my PC off last night, something that worked last week, didn't work now.

To verify that your players can connect to MySB.com and are connecting to the correct MySB.com, which I'm starting to suspect isn't happening.
    Yes, well I HAD the ability to play radio on one of the Receivers only last week, as reported. This does no longer work as per above.

No, it would not influence any settings on MySB.com by simply connecting the player.
    Great!

You dont have an old mysb.com account ,that you forget the login to
    My perception of this process is that it is set up "automatically" so the transparency is lacking. I can't tell. How can I find out whether I had a different account previously? I had that herring password and I remember many years ago that the password and accounts were quite long. There's no log over nearly a decade that I've had this stuff. I can't remember whether I had a different account. I doubt it, though, because I've used the same email for most all of my various online accounts whoever the supplier. I've had at least three or four or perhaps even five PCs since I established the account, though. That should not influence, I believe. There is something else wrong, as previously mentioned, as I cannot activate Administrators right's on the PC despite right clicking. I get red text reminding me to do what I do, i e right click.

Maybe contact support with the MAC id of both the recievers and the controller.
    When I click on mysqueezbox.com's email support or phone support none of the links work. Email support worldwide ends up with a text in my local language "Sorry not available in your location" and regional phone support with a "server not found."

@slartibarfast I did reset one of the Receivers because it started playing up. That was a while ago, and I cannot pinpoint when exactly. Perhaps a year ago, perhaps two, when I started reusing Squeezeboxes after quite a few years without.
    Last edited by Gadgety1; 2017-02-01 at 06:47.

Re my squeezebox.com account .

At some point you have to manually give an email and password , so it does not just happens .

And also when you instal LMS it's also asking for these credentials, which should be the same don't create multiple accounts !

However if you have a working LMS with the correct credentials it takes care of it in the background ,it just adds new players in the background .

Again are these used players ?

I haven't been following this thread (I have the attention span of a gnat these days), but back a page of posts or so, I was wondering if there may be a TCP/IP Address conflict issue? Probably not, but they're unparalleled for obscure issues.

You can get these if you install additional WiFi access points, and don't turn off the DNS service in them, for example. I wouldn't know how diagnose this though. The command "arp -a" will show you which IP addresses are present. And the command "tracert [ipaddr]" will show the route to an ipaddr (IP Address) which isn't in your local network.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnyb View Post
    Again are these used players ?
    No, I bought them new in 2008.