Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 76 of 76 FirstFirst ... 2666747576
    hi Eelco,

I think the "-c Digital" is enabled by default in later versions of piCorePlayer.

regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    hi Eelco,

I think the "-c Digital" is enabled by default in later versions of piCorePlayer.

regards
    Greg
    In 3.10 things still go wrong when I use Shairport-sync. Volume is very low and I can only restore that by altering the settings in the Alsamixer. Very frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

You don't say explicitly but does it fail to play ? If it fails to play I'm not sure what has been proved.
    I trying to prove/disprove whether BBC is using some "interesting" AAC encoding options - that decoder in Pcp doesn't handle properly (e.g. corrupts memory on Arm processors). However the stream is not an exact copy of DASH.

I feel this discussion is cluttering up the PCp thread even though my gut feel is that it is a Pcp build issue rather than a BBCiPlayer plugin issue. I'll start a new thread with a summary of the problem as I see it.
    Just to update: I've now had time to upgrade to LMS 7.9.1, PCP 3.20 and iPlayer 1.5.3. With all of these, BBC iPlayer streams work very well again. Who knows what got fixed, but something did.

Is there a way to setup wifi country? I am trying to use channel 12 & 13 and they do not show up using iwlist.
    Thanks
    l.

zero network situation

Hi guys,

I'm posting here because I'm still on 3.11 - but I dont' think my problem would be different on later versions.

I'm runnig a python script which is started automatically via user commands on the tweaks page.
    It uses tty:ama0 on my RPi3, working fine usually, network is connected via onboard-wifi.

But I'd like to take care of the situation where no connection can be established. That is:
    - no ethernet plugged in
    - the known SSID not in sight.

First I thought it's not called because squeezelite fails starting(?), but by accident I found out it does get called - but laaate!
    Taking ridiculously long this is fine (for now), but my script fails at a certain point where it comes to tty:ama0 access.

with a screen attached I could see the three paaaaaaaaatient attempts to get online and then enters a (sort of a) fail-state.
    (By the way: is there a way to get rid of these? debugging takes years )

Is there a difference in how the uart is set up in that case?
    console re-routed? (needed to swap uarts to access an external device)
    Are there modules not / unloaded?

Thanks,
    any hints appreciated!

PS:
    Wouldn't it be great for most of us if it would create an adhoc network, making the configpage accessible?
    Maybe this could be deactivated if it's unwanted for security reasons...

I'm not sure If I understand what your program is doing, but If you just want a serial console, that would be easy to setup, we don't have it setup right because it requires different kernel command lines for the rpi vs rpi3.

if you want a serial console.....edit cmdline.txt and make sure the console is setup for your board

rpi3
    console=ttyS0,115200

all other rpi devices
    console=ttyAMA0,115200

Then in /opt/bootlocal.sh before the pcp launch, start the serial console
    /usr/sbin/startserialtty &

-----------------------------
    Ad-hoc network.......we've talked about that, and would work for the rpi zeroW and rpi3, but supporting on every USB dongle would be a challenge.

Country code is not currently supported by our startup scripts, and they automatically generate the wpa_supplicant.conf. .....the rpi broadcom wireless struggles on these channels anyway.

Hi Paul,
    Thanks for the fast reply!

No console needed, it's a device I need to talk to.
    Everything works fine as long as I'm on any network.
    But if not, initialisation of that api-object fails.
    That said:
    I don't think it needs Internet access, but it might be worth a try if it still fails inside an offline-network...

For the ad-hoc:
    It's a workaround for that what I'm working on

Quote Originally Posted by Benicz View Post
    First I thought it's not called because squeezelite fails starting(?), but by accident I found out it does get called - but laaate!
    Taking ridiculously long this is fine (for now), but my script fails at a certain point where it comes to tty:ama0 access.

with a screen attached I could see the three paaaaaaaaatient attempts to get online and then enters a (sort of a) fail-state.
    (By the way: is there a way to get rid of these? debugging takes years )
    Hi Benicz,

As you found out, the wifi tries 3 times to connect before it gives up.

You can edit out the additional wifi retries in do_rebootstuff.sh

regards
    Greg

Ah, that's good to know.
    Will try as soon as possible...

What a great piece of software this is!!!