Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Any hope for a plug-in mherger ?

Bump

MQA via Tidal.........

is there any hope of LMS integration with MQA material in Tidal any time soon? I am currently running 2 systems concurrently which isn't ideal . I understand this may be a lower priority in the development stakes and really appreciate the fine work the devs do on the Squeezebox platform in general but a quick yeah/nay would be great.

cheers and hear's hoping.

lee

Quote Originally Posted by LeeRankin View Post
    is there any hope of LMS integration with MQA material in Tidal any time soon? I am currently running 2 systems concurrently which isn't ideal . I understand this may be a lower priority in the development stakes and really appreciate the fine work the devs do on the Squeezebox platform in general but a quick yeah/nay would be great.
    I think it is extremely unlikely, as it would require (as far as I can tell) access to proprietary MQA information/code.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

MQA files flow through SBT?

Since the Forum's search doesn't recognize "mqa" for search, I don't know if this question has already been asked?

Will the fully-folded MQA file pass through the SBT?

I'm curious if the SBT can be used in conjunction with something like the Mytek's Brooklyn DAC?

PS. I've done A vs. B tests of MQA on another system of mine and am convinced it's here to stay. Resistance Is Futile.
    Last edited by DanSmedra; 2017-09-16 at 12:48.
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    PS. I've done A vs. B tests of MQA on another system of mine and am convinced it's here to stay.
    With material that you know was identical apart from the encoding?

Anyway, Archimago is about to publish the results of his listening tests, let's see what they tell us.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    ...Archimago is about to publish the results of his listening tests, let's see what they tell us.
    "Clarity...not agreement."

I've read his posts. He tells anyone who has invested tens of thousands of dollars in owning a hi-res music file collection and equipment to play it, that they can exist without psychological torment that some better sound is available at a cheaper price point. I can understand the potential for emotional trauma and I'm happy that the angst can now subside.

However, there exists a whole other (larger?) class of listeners...those who primarily stream music rather than own it. You do remember that the Squeezebox was first and foremost a STREAMER?

For us, the questions about MQA are entirely different. What matters is whether 1) MQA sounds superior compared to the currently available 1411 FLAC file (TIDAL) on our equipment and 2) whether there exists enough of my favorite artists in MQA to justify the purchase of MQA-certified hardware?

My A/B tests above was only concerned with these factors. For now, I'm content with TIDAL app's software decoding of MQA as being superior to the non-MQA streaming version.

I don't give a rat's ass whether the "material that you know was identical." My TIDAL subscription price is the same whether I play the non-MQA or the MQA version.

"Clarity...not agreement."
    Source: TIDAL HiFi, Pandora One > MySqueezebox.com using iPeng 9.2.1 app on iPhone6s/iPad
    Great Room: SB Touch(1) > AudioQuest TOS > PS Audio DL3 DAC > Audio Envy 10' cables > 200w powered Martin Logan (ML) Purity speakers, SB Touch(2) >JVC 110w amp > ML Motion 4 & AudioEngine 5.
    Garage: SB Touch(3) > CullenCoax > Wyred mINT > Cullen Cables > ML Motion 12
    Carry Anywhere: TIDAL >iPhone 6s > Bose Mini BT speaker.
    Streaming Media: https://www.facebook.com/groups/535747176592597/

Quote Originally Posted by DanSmedra View Post
    You do remember that the Squeezebox was first and foremost a STREAMER?
    Minor quibble. The original squeezeboxes were only able to play one's own digital music collection and didn't work with any music streaming services. That came later.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

most of the rest on digital, probably 48 kHz sample rate.