Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Apesbrain View Post
    Audioengine also makes the tiny A2+. It ships in pairs but maybe put one on both nightstands. Available for $200 refurbished direct from factory. Contact them and ask if they have an orphan master speaker (they come in a master/slave set) for less. If you do this, also ask about the A2: an earlier version lacking an internal DAC which you don't really need.
    Agreed. This is a good solution. Audio engine makes great stuff.

These Logitech Z323 with Subwoofer is a joke compared to other fantastic speakers shared on this thread but at least mine are AC powered hahaha
    Name:  speakers.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  118.3 KB
    AS-604T | WiFi Radio x 3 | DLNA x 5| TEAC AG-790 | RusSound SS 6.2 W.H.A.

Sony SRS-HG1 (h.ear go) is interesting - http://www.sony.com/electronics/wire...eakers/srs-hg1

Sound is good for the size (but not sure what you are expecting), and it also supports BT, Google Cast, and Spotify Connect...

Quote Originally Posted by mvilla View Post
    Hi All,
    I have now put my Squeezebox Touch in my bed room. Normally I use my headphones but thinking of a small active speaker to connect. It should be not used to play loud but good quality sound at low level of volume. Do you have any advice? Budget could be up to 200$ If required.
    Thanks in advance for your support.
    Massimo
    Try Audioengine model 2 or model 5 if you want more power.
    I got great results with model 2, the speakers are active (amplified) and the latest version includes a D/A converter capable of 24/96
    Highly recommended

www.audioengine.com

Wrong URL

Quote Originally Posted by hidef View Post
    Try Audioengine model 2 or model 5 if you want more power.
    I got great results with model 2, the speakers are active (amplified) and the latest version includes a D/A converter capable of 24/96
    Highly recommended

www.audioengine.com
    http://audioengineusa.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sherington View Post
    I have a pair of A2 too. Very small, very good aspect, extraordinary sound, specially for jazz and classic, good also with modern music, but maybe not as good.
    On think to mention (in my opinion): sound is rather "directional", DS1 stands are required.
    A bit expensive, but quality is outstanding.

I have also an S8 subwoofer, but I'm a bit disapointed with it, and really in a bedroom it's not necessary, unless you want it a bit loud.
    LMS 7.9.0
    on Linux Mageia 5 and RPI 3
    1 SB3, 2 radio, 1 touch
    Plugins : Trackstat, Smartmix, MusicIP, ...

No one mention the LS50 wireless?
    http://us.kef.com/ls50-wireless

High fidelity in small package. Not cheap but damn worth it

Don't knock Bose

Quote Originally Posted by mvilla View Post
    Hi All,
    I have now put my Squeezebox Touch in my bed room. Normally I use my headphones but thinking of a small active speaker to connect. It should be not used to play loud but good quality sound at low level of volume. Do you have any advice? Budget could be up to 200$ If required.
    Thanks in advance for your support.
    Massimo
    Now I have Audioengine A2 as my desktop speakers (iMac via Audioengine D1 DAC) and also A5+ fed from an SBT out on the terrace at my place so concur with these suggestions made above. But the OP's requirements seem more modest so - at the risk of incurring wrath from purists - humbly suggest the Bose SoundLink Mini.

I first heard one in a shop in Reykjavik (yes - capital of Iceland) and asked where the sub was 'cos the sound was so good. Bought one when we got back to the UK (mine's a Mk 1), and now several of my friends have done the same having listened to mine.

I've connected it to SBTs (via analogue obvs), iPod, iPhone / iPad (direct and via Bluetooth) and it always pleases.

Not sure of pricing where you are but used ones are available.

I know that many poo-poo Bose products but this one works for me.

Just my 10 cents worth.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it ...
    Server = iMac Sierra -> Bootcamp 6.0 -> W10 (dBpoweramp ripping / MediaMonkey management)
    Router = Huawei B593 4G + repeaters
    Lounge = SBT -> Devialet D200 -> Dynaudio Contour 1.8 MkII
    Covered terrace = SBT -> AudioEngine A5+
    Study = SBT -> NAD D3020 -> Epos K1
    Kitchen + bedroom = SB Radio
    Garage = SB2 -> Rotel RA820BX2 -> MA252
    Storage = SB Boom + SB3 + SlimP3
    iOS control = iPeng / SqueezePad; Android = SqueezeCommander;

I have a pair of ion desk rockers at a customers site. Now rebranded as Alesis M1 320 at about ú80. They are excellent low budget active speakers where hi fi sound is a waste.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones