Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    They had a server crash. This has been posted at vortexbox.org for a few days:
    ================

Our server crashed this morning and the drive is not recoverable. We are working to get vortexbox.org back on-line as soon as possible.

Our wiki and VortexBox downloads are still avalible at

wiki.vortexbox.org
    Still the same (30/01)

Quote Originally Posted by properjob View Post
    Still the same (30/01)
    They had a hacking once before and it took a couple of weeks to get back online. I think it's only one guy (Andrew). And it's not a super active forum. I'm sure it will be back.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

They had a hacking once before and it took a couple of weeks to get back online. I think it's only one guy (Andrew). And it's not a super active forum. I'm sure it will be back.
    Yeah when Ron was involved he was phenomenally knowledgeable, I'd never have stuck at it without him & a few other Linux geeks. My Linux skills are basically cut & paste, directory editing & changing the odd line in a text file.

Yeah when Ron was involved he was phenomenally knowledgeable, I'd never have stuck at it without him & a few other Linux geeks. My Linux skills are basically cut & paste, directory editing & changing the odd line in a text file.
    same for me. I read that Ron had been ill. He is the key contributor to the vortexbox forum. I hope he gets well (for his own sake of course but also for the sake of vortexbox users )
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

same for me. I read that Ron had been ill. He is the key contributor to the vortexbox forum. I hope he gets well (for his own sake of course but also for the sake of vortexbox users )
    Me three....I've lost count how many times Ron has helped me, hope he gets well. I upgraded to 2.4 a few weeks ago and have been having a bunch of trouble. With the forums not having much activity before the crash and my Linux skills being very basic, I'm thinking it might be time to move onto another solution...just not sure what that would be just yet.

I haven't had too many problems with VB2.3 after a clean install (I think VB2.4 was released to support compatibilty with newer hardware which wasn't applicable) & any I did have were fixable from searching the forum - it's my library.

Quote Originally Posted by jclctr View Post
    Also, My Vortexbox has not updated in weeks. Thanks all.
    If you want LMS 7.9 and some other bits and bobs the Wiki has the info.

http://wiki.vortexbox.org/how_to_ins...ity_repository
    VortexBox 2.3 (Fedora Rel 20) on old Celeron laptop with mounted 2TB drive. 2 x Squeezebox Touch, one on Yamaha YSP1000 soundbar with XLS300-PR sub, one on Naim NAIT 3R with B&W P4 speakers both of 1998 vintage. PC desk using server's built in VB (Linux Squeezlite) player, 2 x Android TV boxes with option to run Squeeze Player, various Android tablets and phones with option to run Squeeze Player.

While we wait for the VB forums to come back, would anyone here know what service might be disabled in my Vortexbox 2.4 that is preventing LMS and Subsonic from running?
    Whatever it is, it's preventing me from accessing the appliance via pUTTY too. All other services are working such as the Home screen, Bliss, CD ripping, Mp3 mirroring, cover art creation, network access to music files, etc. I've attached a monitor and keyboard and all looks kosher.

I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by paltomare; 2017-02-01 at 19:41.

If you want LMS 7.9 and some other bits and bobs the Wiki has the info.

http://wiki.vortexbox.org/how_to_ins...ity_repository
    That is the "Community" version which IIRC is no longer being actively developed / supported. Do not use.
    There is (was) a very similar post that told you how to upgrade 2.3 or 2.4 to use the 7.9 Nightly tree - I can't find it now - but once you had done this you can keep upgrading.
    I will post back if I can find it.

EDIT
    2.3 upgrade to 7.9 tree - http://wiki.vortexbox.org/how_to_ins...repo_on_vb_2.3
    The 2.4 is similar but different
    Last edited by d6jg; 2017-02-02 at 06:35.
    Pi3 pCp/LMS storage QNAP TS419p (NFS)
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
    Office - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom
    Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
    Bedroom (TV) - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
    Everything controlled by iPeng

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    That is the "Community" version which IIRC is no longer being actively developed / supported.
    There is (was) a very similar post that told you how to upgrade 2.3 or 2.4 to use the 7.9 Nightly tree - I can't find it now - but once you had done this you can keep upgrading.
    I will post back if I can find it.
    http://wiki.vortexbox.org/how_to_ins...repo_on_vb_2.3