Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Is it possible to record and save music permanently from Napster?

Hey guys
    I've recently decided to suscribe to Napster. So I was wondering if there is also a way to save some tracks permanently on CDs? I have this old boombox which is still working perfectly but it's only running CDs (yeah, 15 years ago this was new technology). So why should I buy something new if my old baby is still running. Maybe some of you did this already and can give me some advice? Would be so great! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Schwarzenegger View Post
    Hey guys
    I've recently decided to suscribe to Napster. So I was wondering if there is also a way to save some tracks permanently on CDs?
    its the same old song with another Lyrics...

• Is it legal to drive a car that you rent and didnt buy?
    • Is it legal to make a backup from the Ignition Key at the time you did rent that Car?
    • Is it illegal to use the key after you'r not renting/leasing anymore that car?

Hey guys
    I've recently decided to suscribe to Napster. So I was wondering if there is also a way to save some tracks permanently on CDs? I have this old boombox which is still working perfectly but it's only running CDs (yeah, 15 years ago this was new technology). So why should I buy something new if my old baby is still running. Maybe some of you did this already and can give me some advice? Would be so great! Thank you!
    You should already know the answer. Technically it's a piece of piss but legally it is a no no.
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

good coice?

hey, sorry but I just wanted to get the best answers, someone previously recommended a 3rd party software called tunebite premium which should be legal to use in the States.... http://audials.com/en/how_to_record_...s/napster.html has someone already tried it? is it good? Sound very good on their website and they have a free trial, maybe I'll just try it

I would not get my legal advice from a web-forum good luck with the recording
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Sound very good on their website and they have a free trial, maybe I'll just try it
    hey,

please go to a parking meter and ask that device for an advice.

You dont want to buy your music - you want to rent it - ok your thing
    You dont want to buy your music - but use a payed service to get the files that you wont buy?

Whats wrong with these young folks too much amphetamine???

Napster is a fuckery in the first place when it surfaced in 1999 I never even tried it; was using audio galaxy which changed to rhapsody another looser source of today to avoid. Find a better source please...
    AS-604T | WiFi Radio x 3 | DLNA x 5| TEAC AG-790 | RusSound SS 6.2 W.H.A.