Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: Suddenly dead

Suddenly dead

Hi all,

We've had our Touch since around the time they first came out, whenever that was. Never a hardware problem til this morning. I simply moved the box a bit to center it on its shelf and it went blank. Pulled the plug and plugged it back in, nothing. I'm hoping this is a flaky power supply but not really sure where to start troubleshooting. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

- Jeff

Things I'd try:

1. Unplug from wall power, wait 20 secs, plug back in
    2. Press and hold for 10 secs reset button on rear above Ethernet jack
    3. Order a replacement power supply:
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/HQRP-AC-Power-...-/351127807915

It's possible moving it caused a solder joint to break or something inside to come loose. I've never taken one apart so hopefully someone who has will offer advice.

It's possible moving it caused a solder joint to break or something inside to come loose. I've never taken one apart so hopefully someone who has will offer advice.
    I've shipped Touches from one end of the country to another and they all worked perfectly.

There's also some factory reset procedure... there's a reset button in the back, if you hold it for over 15 secs it'll reset *everything*. Hopefully that helps out in case it's still not working! Good luck!
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation 12) running Ubuntu 16.04 + LMS 7.9
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> Totem Element Fire
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado PS500e/Shure 1540

With moving he probably meant a shorter distance than that , with the psu plugged in fallen ng off the shelf or just bending at the conector while lifting it for dusting purposes or whatnot
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html