Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Sort of works .... music streams show strange glitches where music briefly skips (barely noticeable but still evident even to my clapped out ears!)
    I'm not hearing any skips on my setup.
    LMS 7.9 Win 10 SBV3 duet
    serving vintage Marantz 2230, large Advents and ADS 710.
    funky and wonderful that this new tech can talk to this old stuff

Quote Originally Posted by moxbox View Post
    I'm not hearing any skips on my setup.
    I suspect it's my win7 device. I'll try on another device.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by moxbox View Post

An example of when you might need SWYH or WaveInput would be when you want to redirect the output of an internet streaming service to LMS, so that it can distribute the stream to the player(s) you choose. Note that if there is a dedicated working plugin for the streaming service you're interested in (e.g., Spotify, Soundcloud) then you're probably better off using that. Chances are the dedicated plugin will provide better sound quality and control via the LMS interface. WaveInput, and SWYH, should be considered a last resort. But as streaming services multiply and evolve, sometimes there may not be a dedicated working LMS plugin, and the SWYH option is good all purpose solution to this.
    You can also use SWYH to stream CDs from your computers CD/DVD player to Squeezeboxes.

And also stream audio content from any device connected to the line-in socket on your computer, e.g. phones, tablets, vinyl etc..
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3