Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    15,019
    Quote Originally Posted by moxbox View Post
    that's unfortunate. is there a site admin that can give permission for this? if not, it's kind of unfortunate for a community forum to have so little control
    Since you feel so passionate about this - start a thread of your own so you can return the favour.

    Make sure the title is clear and self explanatory and easily found when search for the terms you would use. Put two post, reserving 2nd post for later additions

    Write your instructions in 1st post - I would suggest go through the cycle again and also highlight pitfalls.

    Finally, you should maintain the thread to make sure what it says accurate and current.

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,692
    Please all note I did say that you can't run LMS and SWYH on the same PC.

    I now think you probably can quite easily but NOT with LMS and a local player using the PC's soundcard - there would be nasty results!

    That is what the SWYH "loopback" warning is trying to tell you.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

  3. #33

    Ok!

    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Since you feel so passionate about this - start a thread of your own so you can return the favour.

    Make sure the title is clear and self explanatory and easily found when search for the terms you would use. Put two post, reserving 2nd post for later additions

    Write your instructions in 1st post - I would suggest go through the cycle again and also highlight pitfalls.

    Finally, you should maintain the thread to make sure what it says accurate and current.
    Great, I'm happy to do this. Am working on the first post now, and will note here when I put it up.

    2 questions:

    1. It seems like the right forum would be "Beginners", yes?

    2. When you say put up 2 posts, what should go in the second post for now? If the instructions are all in the first post, and presumably I will edit/update that as needed over time if the URLs or other instructions need to change, what is the function of the second post?

    thx!

    UPDATE: posted in the beginners forum, with a second post reserved for future stuff. would be happy to have any comments/suggestions.
    Last edited by moxbox; 2016-12-10 at 22:54.
    LMS 7.9 Win 10 SBV3 duet
    serving vintage Marantz 2230, large Advents and ADS 710.
    funky and wonderful that this new tech can talk to this old stuff

  4. #34

    Just to make sure I understand this

    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    Please all note I did say that you can't run LMS and SWYH on the same PC.

    I now think you probably can quite easily but NOT with LMS and a local player using the PC's soundcard - there would be nasty results!

    That is what the SWYH "loopback" warning is trying to tell you.
    I'm running both SWYH and LMS on my PC -- but using LMS to direct the stream to one of my other players (all SBs of one sort or another).

    Is what you're saying here that you wouldn't want to have LMS direct the stream to be played back on your PC via a local player you have set up on that PC? I get that, but when would someone want to do that? Presumably if you wanted the stream to play back through your PC, you would just do this directly. There would be no need to use LMS at all.

    Am I missing something?

    thx!
    LMS 7.9 Win 10 SBV3 duet
    serving vintage Marantz 2230, large Advents and ADS 710.
    funky and wonderful that this new tech can talk to this old stuff

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Cheshire, UK
    Posts
    2,692
    No. you are correct. If you set it up with both on the PC but did use LMS with local player and then forgot and tries to play SWYH tuned in via LMS to that player it would be a mess of feedback I suspect.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,013
    Quote Originally Posted by moxbox View Post
    Great, I'm happy to do this. Am working on the first post now, and will note here when I put it up.

    2 questions:

    1. It seems like the right forum would be "Beginners", yes?
    I'd put it in the "3rd Party Software" forum.

    Also, in the other 2 "reserved" posts, just enter the word "Reserved" in the body of the posts.
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) > LMS 7.9.1 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9.1 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •