Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Earring View Post
    P.S. As I understand it, it's got 4 Sabre DAC chips in it
    The ENOB (effective number of bits) of the sabre is 22 bits.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

I'm now starting to feel justified in my assertion that I'm getting superior audible output...
    You surely were already from the start of your promotional trip. So many posts, so many brainfu** but no time to do even a small valid test...
    Last edited by Wombat; 2017-06-15 at 08:05.
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

FWIW, SoX uses 32 bit integer internally when passing data between each process step you specify.

Each process step can internally use a higher resolution, some calculations use 64 bit float.

SoX can also finally output 32 bit PCM as WAV, if you want.
    Check it, add to it! http://www.dr.loudness-war.info/

SB Touch

Quote Originally Posted by darrenyeats View Post
    FWIW, SoX uses 32 bit integer internally when passing data between each process step you specify.
    Sure, and most DSP chips also use 32 bit (or more) internally.
    "To try to judge the real from the false will always be hard. In this fast-growing art of 'high fidelity' the quackery will bear a solid gilt edge that will fool many people" - Paul W Klipsch, 1953

Whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    You surely were already from the start of your promotional trip. So many posts, so many brainfu** but no time to do even a small valid test...
    Hi again Wombat!

I notice that you haven't explained your modded Transporter yet for our edification...

Dave

Domestic listening

Quote Originally Posted by Julf View Post
    The ENOB (effective number of bits) of the sabre is 22 bits.
    That's more SNR than I'm going to get out of my room.

Your point about available recordings is accepted.

Dave

P.S. Sorry for delay, I hammerited my nose! How I laffed...

I notice that you haven't explained your modded Transporter yet for our edification...
    There is no need and i don't start threads about imaginary things i daydream to be heard just because i wasted 2000$ on something that adds no improvement.
    I sometimes mod things for fun because i can. How was your latest SMD soldering going?
    Transporter (modded) -> RG142 -> Avantgarde Acoustic based 500VA monoblocks -> Sommer SPK240 -> self-made speakers

Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    There is no need and i don't start threads about imaginary things i daydream to be heard just because i wasted 2000$ on something that adds no improvement.
    I sometimes mod things for fun because i can. How was your latest SMD soldering going?
    I'm all for a bit of fun.

What does "SMD" stand for, please? I'm having trouble understanding your banter, old chap!

Dave

I'm all for a bit of fun.

What does "SMD" stand for, please? I'm having trouble understanding your banter, old chap!

Dave
    Surface Mount Device - a newer way to solder parts to circuit cards while avoiding soldering and bending wires and drilling holes in the circuit cards for those wires. The parts are glued to the board with high temperature epoxy and soldered in an oven that melts solder on the boards to solder on the parts. The parts can be very tiny, so magnifyling glasses are often used. Requires re-equipping and re-training people who assemble and repair the new style boards.

Surface Mount Device soldering

Quote Originally Posted by arnyk View Post
    Surface Mount Device - a newer way to solder parts to circuit cards while avoiding soldering and bending wires and drilling holes in the circuit cards for those wires. The parts are glued to the board with high temperature epoxy and soldered in an oven that melts solder on the boards to solder on the parts. The parts can be very tiny, so magnifyling glasses are often used. Requires re-equipping and re-training people who assemble and repair the new style boards.
    Thanks for the heads-up Arny!

I get the idea but don't think it's my idea of fun.

My oven's strictly for cooking...

Dave