Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    No, line in does an A to D to feed into the audio processing DSP. The boom and Radio cannot produce any sound at all from a pure analogue source, only from Digital ones.

I would agree on trying a genuine PSU if there is any doubt at all but the symptoms sound more like a component warming up and degrading under heat. And given that a replacement identical PSU was tried to the one that worked fine for years, I do suspect it's a failing component.
    Last edited by drmatt; 2016-11-27 at 01:21.
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Ah, you're right about the line in, it's just directly feeding into the DSP so the main processor never sees the data.
    But I'd still try the higher voltage. I've seen so many Radios and SB3s fail with the weirdest symptoms when the actual reason was a power supply problem and most PSUs don't deliver the full voltage they are rated at because manufacturers are so afraid of overvoltage and damaging something.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Agreed. But sounds like the OP is trying to persuade himself to buy a sonos...
    --
    Hardware: 3x Touch, 1x Radio, 2x Receivers, 1 HP Microserver NAS with Debian+LMS 7.9.0
    Music: ~1300 CDs, as 450 GB of 16/44k FLACs. No less than 3x 24/44k albums..

Quote Originally Posted by drmatt View Post
    Agreed. But sounds like the OP is trying to persuade himself to buy a sonos...
    Still loyal... for now.

Here's the end of the matter -

After a few Xilinx resets the stutter on Line-in disappeared, but remained on streaming audio. I began to suspect the Raspberry Pi Squeezelite client on the network was having throughput issues due to a cheap direct-from-china wifi dongle and the Boom was trying to synchronize with it. Sure enough, once I replaced the dongle on the Pi the streaming issues went away with the Boom. Oddly, the two Radios never had a problem.

At any rate, the Boom is back in business.

And many thanks for the power supply information, I'm going to look into upgrading mine.