Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Who wants a Boom for parts?

I have a Boom with a failed display that I couldn't replace. Anyone like to have it for the other parts? Please pay shipping and it's yours. I'm in VA 22311.
    Living Room ~ Touch > Oppo HA-1 > PrimaLuna Dialogue One > ProAc D15
    Bedroom ~ Boom
    Guest Room ~ SB3 > Peachtree Decco 65 > Silverline Minuets
    Office ~ Boom
    Kitchen/TV Room ~ SB3 > NAD 747 > ATC SCM 12
    Listening Room ~ Touch > PS Audio DAC2 > BAT VK32SE > BAT VK55SE monoblocks > Genesis 7.1F

Quote Originally Posted by sc53 View Post
    I have a Boom with a failed display that I couldn't replace. Anyone like to have it for the other parts? Please pay shipping and it's yours. I'm in VA 22311.
    I'm interested, but a quick question: why couldn't you replace the display?
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

The hifi repair guy who tried to replace the failed display with a new one ordered from Johann on this forum said that Logitech had globbed so much glue on all the connections that he broke something trying to gently heat and pry the old display off. The excess glue was the culprit, according to my guy. So anyway, my display doesn't work but the other parts are fine.
    Living Room ~ Touch > Oppo HA-1 > PrimaLuna Dialogue One > ProAc D15
    Bedroom ~ Boom
    Guest Room ~ SB3 > Peachtree Decco 65 > Silverline Minuets
    Office ~ Boom
    Kitchen/TV Room ~ SB3 > NAD 747 > ATC SCM 12
    Listening Room ~ Touch > PS Audio DAC2 > BAT VK32SE > BAT VK55SE monoblocks > Genesis 7.1F

Quote Originally Posted by sc53 View Post
    The hifi repair guy who tried to replace the failed display with a new one ordered from Johann on this forum said that Logitech had globbed so much glue on all the connections that he broke something trying to gently heat and pry the old display off. The excess glue was the culprit, according to my guy. So anyway, my display doesn't work but the other parts are fine.
    Thanks - how much do you want for it? (excluding shipping)
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express