X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KGB
    • Sep 2016

"Now playing" always +1 from audio

Hi!

When I'm listening to track 01, the ♫-symbol indicates track 02 are playing in controller display and/or in web browser!
    This one-track-ahead-of-it-self sync behaviour occurs every time I add tracks to current playlist. The list updates, tracks shows up on list as it should, but then voilĂ  - unsync returns to business as usual!

Deleting, updating, rebuilding lists or entire library have been tried without luck. I'd like to keep my setting, so not tried deleting pref-file. Media server/ controller are up to date.

I've used Squeezebox Duet for 5 years without any problem I couldn't handle, but this specific issue are increasingly grinding my gears.

Hopefully somebody have a solution to allow me rejoin the happy campers convention!

Logitech Media Server Versjon: 7.9.0 - 1479378558
    Last edited by KGB; 2016-11-17, 22:53.
  • Apesbrain
    • Jun 2005

I'm unclear: are you saying this "+1" display behavior only happens when you have two or more players synced?

Comment

• KGB
      • Sep 2016

No, I mean the display keeps showing the next song on the list as "playing now". It confuses me too trying to explain this thing.
      It actually plays the previous track it showed in display. Display are a step ahead of it self compared to audio.
      The time line starts counting seconds correctly when skip to next track, but duration of course don't match up.

Comment

• pippin
        • Oct 2007

Update to a more recent LMS version
        ---
        learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
        Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
        at penguinlovesmusic.com
        New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

Comment

• KGB
          • Sep 2016

I'm using LogitechMediaServer-7.9.0-1479378558 - beta build release date November 17 2016 18:21
          This is the most recent version I believe!?
          Last edited by KGB; 2016-11-17, 23:52.

Comment

• dbm204
            • Jul 2016

Just curious. What was the previous version you were running before you updated to the Nov 17 7.9? Were you updating frequently or just running an old version for a while?

A similar, although opposite issue arose recently without a solution. The player will play the next track but the web interface indicates that the previous track is playing. IIRC 3 people including myself encountered various behavior along these lines. It was mostly with ipv3 devices (SB3, duet, transporter) so it may have something to do with the older hardware but there was one mention of it happening with a Touch. Not that the older hardware is bad but the buffers are smaller so they are more sensitive to network hiccups. That said, I only started seeing this about a year or so ago (hence my question about your previous version).

this is the other thread

Maybe you will have more luck finding the issue. I think any solution will be in "fortifying" your network (don't ask me how) so communication between the devices and LMS doesn't trip up. The thread above includes some helpful insight from Pippin about the slim protocol pointing to network issues.

This is Pippin's reply about the protocol

Comment

• callesoroe
              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by KGB
              Hi!

When I'm listening to track 01, the ♫-symbol indicates track 02 are playing in controller display and/or in web browser!
              This one-track-ahead-of-it-self sync behaviour occurs every time I add tracks to current playlist. The list updates, tracks shows up on list as it should, but then voilĂ  - unsync returns to business as usual!

Deleting, updating, rebuilding lists or entire library have been tried without luck. I'd like to keep my setting, so not tried deleting pref-file. Media server/ controller are up to date.

I've used Squeezebox Duet for 5 years without any problem I couldn't handle, but this specific issue are increasingly grinding my gears.

Hopefully somebody have a solution to allow me rejoin the happy campers convention!

Logitech Media Server Versjon: 7.9.0 - 1479378558
              I have seen this too. Long time Ago though. Just select a new track and press play. Then it should be in sync again.
              Alternative restart LMS
              Last edited by callesoroe; 2017-01-29, 13:46.
              Callesoroe
              Living room: Transporter, Preamp Gato PRD-3S NPM, Martin Logan Vista speakers, Power-AMP Gato DPA-4004 (biamp setup).
              Kitchen: Transporter - Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom: Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, Summerhouse: Touch - Bencmark DAC1, JBL LSR305 active speakers , TIDAL HIFI flac streaming.
              http://www.last.fm/user/callesoroe

Comment

• KGB
                • Sep 2016

Originally posted by dbm204
                Just curious. What was the previous version you were running before you updated to the Nov 17 7.9? Were you updating frequently or just running an old version for a while?

A similar, although opposite issue arose recently without a solution. The player will play the next track but the web interface indicates that the previous track is playing. IIRC 3 people including myself encountered various behavior along these lines. It was mostly with ipv3 devices (SB3, duet, transporter) so it may have something to do with the older hardware but there was one mention of it happening with a Touch. Not that the older hardware is bad but the buffers are smaller so they are more sensitive to network hiccups. That said, I only started seeing this about a year or so ago (hence my question about your previous version).

this is the other thread

Maybe you will have more luck finding the issue. I think any solution will be in "fortifying" your network (don't ask me how) so communication between the devices and LMS doesn't trip up. The thread above includes some helpful insight from Pippin about the slim protocol pointing to network issues.

This is Pippin's reply about the protocol
                http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...l=1#post863039
                Thanks for your reply. -Yes it's just like that; the interface indicates that the previous track is playing! I'm not sure what the previous version was, but it was probably 1-1,5 years old. When I could not fix this behaviour, then I updated to new version to see if problem went away, but it didn't.
                The linked posts are describing similar issues, but they too seems not having found a solution.

Originally posted by callesoroe
                I have sene this too. Long time Agro though. Just select a new track and press play. Then it should be in sync again.
                Alternative restart LMS
                Your first suggestion don't work. Restarting LMS and Squeezebox is what I've been doing to get it to work normally again. It's not ideal, however something I can live with. (I'm 40-60% sure!)
                I'll leave it at that. Thanks.

Comment

• Mnyb
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by KGB
                  I'm using LogitechMediaServer-7.9.0-1479378558 - beta build release date November 17 2016 18:21
                  This is the most recent version I believe!?
                  Oh no they update several Times' per week if not daily . So there is definetely a newer version aviable
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Main hifi: Rasbery PI digi+ MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
                  Bedroom/Office: Boom
                  Loggia: Raspi hifiberry dac + Adams
                  Bathroom : Radio (with battery)
                  iPad with iPengHD & SqueezePad
                  (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
                  server Intel NUC Esxi VM Linux mint 18 LMS 7.9.2

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Comment

Working...