Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Good result here running Windows 10 with a i5-4460 processor! When I use BBCiPlayer for Radio 4 live, there is no start-up delay or rebuffering when "Seconds to delay start live stream" is set to 2 mins, but there is when set to 15 s. Many thanks, bpa.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulinPosset View Post
    1.5.2 running without issue from the office (poor internet connection) through squeezelite on a Win7 laptop.

One thing I've noticed is that the metadata stops updating/changing after an hour or so. Not really a problem and I'd also noticed it in previous versions, but as the stream consistency has been improved and now doesn't require a 'restart' the quirk is more noticeable.
    I noticed it too but it is not consistent. I'll have to look at it again.

Purely for academic reasons, I can't see how you select the alternative menu for live streams using Limelight CDN in the settings?
    Near bottom of BBciPlayer menu "Listen Live - alt CDN". I've no idea whether there is any streaming difference as there is no audio difference but included it for completeness (and possibly testing). If a user wants the menu in a different location - they can change the menu.opml files.
    Last edited by bpa; 2016-11-09 at 05:34.

Quote Originally Posted by majones View Post
    Good result here running Windows 10 with a i5-4460 processor! When I use BBCiPlayer for Radio 4 live, there is no start-up delay or rebuffering when "Seconds to delay start live stream" is set to 2 mins, but there is when set to 15 s. Many thanks, bpa.
    Did you have long delays/gaps/rebuffering with 1.4.9 on live streams ?

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post

Near bottom of BBciPlayer menu "Listen Live - alt CDN". I've no idea whether there is any streaming difference as there is no audio difference but included it for completeness (and possibly testing). If a user wants the menu in a different location - they can change the menu.opml files.
    Can't find it where you've described it to be and I've reloaded the default menu and cleared the cache.

Can't find it where you've described it to be and I've reloaded the default menu and cleared the cache.
    Attached is screenshot of menu. Very strange - I've double checked that update menu.opml is in the 1.5.2 zip file on sourceforge
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Attached is screenshot of menu. Very strange - I've double checked that update menu.opml is in the 1.5.2 zip file on sourceforge
    Here's my menu page. I've also checked the menu.opml file and can't see any reference to an alternative CDN.

Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-09 13.04.42.png
Views: 298
Size:  167.3 KB

Here's my menu page. I've also checked the menu.opml file and can't see any reference to an alternative CDN.
    It's in the menu level above this - BBC iPlayer (i.e. not 'live').
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.

Did you have long delays/gaps/rebuffering with 1.4.9 on live streams ?
    Yes - lots of rebuffering. Actually, as a result I'd given up on the Windows server implementation, and used solely my QNAP/linux implementation. I'm really pleased to have both as now viable.

Name:  Screenshot 2016-11-09 13.04.42.png
Views: 298
Size:  167.3 KB
    V. Strange. I did a delete and a reinstall and the alt CDN and Live MP3 menus were present.

Do you have a "Buffer Threshold" setting in BBCiPlayer Settings ?
    Have you setup a custom menu.opml ?

V. Strange. I did a delete and a reinstall and the alt CDN and Live MP3 menus were present.
    Surely he's looking at the wrong menu level? Isn't it at the level one above this?
    LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps. Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
    LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
    Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
    Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
    Wireless Xubuntu 17.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.