Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

mysqueezebox.com website down in Europe

Found a sort of relevant thread.

Asked mods to sticky it - please, also, delete this.
    Last edited by Mardler; 2016-11-06 at 11:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardler View Post
    Why no presence here?

This is europe wide and all devices using squeezebox.com are currently u/s.

Some can access LMS to play stored music others can't.

There's a Twitter feed supposedly by someone supposedly addressing the severe problems and the last message is, in effect, it's off line until further notice.

We've expected this for some time so not wholly expected but it seems odd that there is no thread on the problem and no-one has come up with a solution.

It's time to bin all these devices and start again.
    Start again with what? All internet radio devices depend on a server somewhere - in the current 'let's burn it all down' internet environment, all systems are potentially at risk.

Install LMS on your local network (that's a server). This gives you the ability to store favourites locally ... and you're good to go *until the hackers get round to you personally).

At least squeezebox gives you the option between remote and local server - none of the other devices offer this flexibility.
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

LMS already on my PC. Can't do what you suggest, though.

Whilst MySB is down LMS can't see the Touch (though I know others don't have this problem). Obviously, the Touch cannot see music on the PC either.

Anyway, to create stations in LMS I need the urls and we know where they're stored!

No, this is looking like the end of the road.

Suggest any response is transferred to this thread:-

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showth...706#post866706
    Last edited by Mardler; 2016-11-06 at 11:33.

Can't do that.

Whilst MySB is down LMS can't see the Touch (though I know others don't gave this problem).
    Why not using a simple Pi or similar as a server? Small, cheap, low power, not very complicated to setup nowadays
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express

See
    http://twitter.com/mysqueezebox

I suspect Michael is a bit too busy to post here
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

mysqueezebox.com website down inEurope

> We've expected this for some time

Hey, say thanks! My son is still waiting for the Legos he's been
    expecting for his recent birthday!

> odd that there is no thread on the problem and no-one has come up with a
    > solution.

There are plenty of them. Too many for me to respond.

> It's time to bin all these devices and start again.

Rather than bin them, sell them and offer the good money you'll get to
    some charity! Thanks.

--

Michael

LMS already on my PC. Can't do what you suggest, though.

Whilst MySB is down LMS can't see the Touch (though I know others don't have this problem). Obviously, the Touch cannot see music on the PC either.
    With LMS running on your PC, on the TOUCH itself, select "my music". Does it then offer to connect to your LMS? It should.

Or in a webbrowser in LMS GUI, you should be able to connect any player to LMS (player dropdown menu in upper right side).
    Home: VortexBox 4TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.3) > LMS 7.9 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
    Office: Win8(64) > LMS 7.9 > Squeezelite
    Spares: Transporter, Touch(3), Radio(3), Boom, SB3, CONTROLLER
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng & Squeezepad), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win8(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I have Spotify again. Are we back?
    Vortexbox LMS 7.9 music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets
    Living Room - SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s - Zone 2 -> Sony TA FE 320 -> Sennheiser RS 130 & B&W P7
    Office - RPi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones Bedroom (TV) - Amazon Fire TV (SB Player) -> Topping TP20 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

> It's time to bin all these devices and start again.

Rather than bin them, sell them and offer the good money you'll get to
    some charity! Thanks.
    Good comeback Michael, these "taking my ball in" posts always makes me smile. Same as all those who posted on the mysqueezebox twitter feed.

The updates on twitter were fine to let us all know what was going on. I just listened to music on my local LMS so no real big deal. Personally I'm just grateful mysqueezebox is still maintained because at the end of the day this is a dead platform.
    Boom, Receiver, Squeezelite, Android Squeezer and Android Squeeze Player playback
    LMS 7.8 on HP Proliant Microserver (WHS 2011) MusicIP & Spicefly Sugarcube