Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    > So, get a Raspberry Pi for a few bucks, install LMS on a SD card (piCorePlayer or Max2Play) and hook the Pi to the router.

This is something I considered, but the ideal for me would be to have the software embedded in the router itself, as it is running OpenWrt Linux.

> Btw, once mysqueezebox.com is down LMS won't see your device.

So LMS is not what I need. I need a minimal software replacement of mysqueezebox.com services to run my Booms independently from it.

Quote Originally Posted by klingborg View Post
    > So, get a Raspberry Pi for a few bucks, install LMS on a SD card (piCorePlayer or Max2Play) and hook the Pi to the router.

This is something I considered, but the ideal for me would be to have the software embedded in the router itself, as it is running OpenWrt Linux.

So LMS is not what I need. I need a minimal software replacement of mysqueezebox.com services to run my Booms independently from it.
    LMS does see the devices independent of mysb.com
    Touch, Logitech Radio, Logitech UE Radio, O2 Joggler + SqpOS
    UPnPBridge - 2 paired Sonos Play1 speakers; Rocki - Sony SRS-BTM8 speaker; Pioneer WX-SMA1 speaker; - PURE One Flow internet radio: PURE Jongo S3x ; Jongo T2; Libratone Zipp
    Castbridge - Chromecast 1 + Chromecast Audio
    AirplayBridge - Loewe Airspeaker
    SB Player - Fire TV
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Mardler View Post

Btw, once mysqueezebox.com is down LMS won't see your device.
    Nonsense, you can run LMS for your local music and Radio stations without mySqueezebox.com. Max2Play on a Pi makes this dead easy, just tick a box.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Study/Server - LMS 7.9.1 - Raspberry Pi3/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/piCorePlayer 3.22/jivelite, 25K library on WDMyCloud, cache and playlists on a USB stick (formatted ntfs).
    Lounge - RPi 2/Max2Play > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Boom
    Garage - Radio
    In car - LMS 7.9.1 > RPi3/Max2Play/Access Point plugin > HiFiBerry DAC+ > car's hifi (files on a 2TB portable USB drive)
    Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3

Quote Originally Posted by Mardler View Post
    So, basically, european squeezeboxes are now dead because the servers have been hacked.

Time to go Chromecast Audio.

Why no thread directly addressing the issue?

Btw, once mysqueezebox.com is down LMS won't see your device.
    Total bollox.

1. It looks like a hardware failure with the Load Balancing equipment not a hack.
    2. All Squeezeboxes will continue to work if you have a local LMS server. Spotify & Deezer etc won't work but radio will.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

Well, as mentioned already by others, LMS doesn't need MSB.com at all.

Why on the router? What happens, if you get a new one? With a Pi for $5 you just plug it back into the new router.

But I do understand that fiddling with RPis and Linux is not for everyone.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk
    Current setup:
    • EEEBox, Xubuntu 14.04, LMS 7.9, FLAC
    • Duet > Pro-Ject DAC Box E > AKG Hearo 888 Titan (home office), Boom + Canton ASF 75 SC (master bedroom), Boom (master bathroom), 2 Radios (guest bathroom and garden deck), RPi3 + LibreELEC + XSqueeze > Samsung TV > NAD L53 > Mission 2.1 speakers (living room)
    • Transporter > vintage Wega Modul 42V amp (42E equalizer, 42T tape deck + Thorens TD 160 Mk II turntable) > Quadral Vulkan Mk II (music room)

Quote Originally Posted by wortgefecht View Post
    Well, as mentioned already by others, LMS doesn't need MSB.com at all.

Why on the router? What happens, if you get a new one? With a Pi for $5 you just plug it back into the new router.

But I do understand that fiddling with RPis and Linux is not for everyone.

Gesendet von meinem Nexus 6 mit Tapatalk
    For OP to be using OpenWRT you would have thought he was a fiddler!
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

AFAIK Michael deleted sometime ago some stuff in lms cause that stuff is only used in the mysqueezebox version of lms.
    Code:
    Remove SlimService specific code. 7.9 will never be run on mysqueezebox.com.
    minimal software? Overkill?
    Does anybody (except Michael) really know whats behind mysqb?
    I guess everything but minimal Software.

Where do all the "hackers attacks mysqb" lines come from? And do these insiders really know what is the definition of "hacker" ?

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    For OP to be using OpenWRT you would have thought he was a fiddler!
    [OT]
    lol openwrt runs on different hardware / plattforms a fiddler would knew such things.
    [/OT]

i really think Michael is offline/ Family days and as soon as he is back all is running fine again.
    be patient

No, as you can see on the twitter feed Michael is indeed working the MySB issue. Doesn't seem to be trivial this time.
    ---
    learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox and
    Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
    at penguinlovesmusic.com
    New: iPeng 9, the Universal App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch

> Nonsense, you can run LMS for your local music and Radio stations without mySqueezebox.com.
    > All Squeezeboxes will continue to work if you have a local LMS server. Spotify & > Deezer etc won't work but radio will.
    > Well, as mentioned already by others, LMS doesn't need MSB.com at all.

Ok, got it. Never personally tried LMS as I never needed it.

> Why on the router?

To have one less piece of hardware running and consuming and one less plug in the wall (the router's USB does only give 0.5W).
    And because my router is capable of having additional packages installed, run Perl etc.

> What happens, if you get a new one?

I will surely buy another one that can run OpenWrt.

> With a Pi for $5 you just plug it back into the new router.

I don't want to have another (ok, low consumption -but still) piece of hardware running 24/7 as I already have my router running 24/7.

> But I do understand that fiddling with RPis and Linux is not for everyone.

That is not my problem. I do actually own a Pi already, but it's designated to other purposes.
    I compiled OpenWrt myself and installed it on my router.
    I do fiddle.

As it stands now, the best option is to trying to make LMS work on OpenWrt following the instructions for other Linux distributions. In absence of pre-compiled package, I am afraid this project will have to wait at least until Christmas vacations.