Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Running LMS 7.75 and want to install LMS 7.9

Is it as easy as uninstalling 7.75, and then installing 7.9?

Will my settings be preserved, or will I need to do anything to set up my players/preferences again?

Is there any reason not to install 7.9 if 7.75 has been pretty solid for me over the years?

Been running 7.75 since I set up this Win7 machine in 2012 -
    interested in trying some of the new features like "random play" which have been incorporated into recent builds of LMS.

Sorry for the "noob" questions which have most likely been asked many times before.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Benefactor View Post
    Is it as easy as uninstalling 7.75, and then installing 7.9?

Will my settings be preserved, or will I need to do anything to set up my players/preferences again?

Is there any reason not to install 7.9 if 7.75 has been pretty solid for me over the years?

Been running 7.75 since I set up this Win7 machine in 2012 -
    interested in trying some of the new features like "random play" which have been incorporated into recent builds of LMS.

Sorry for the "noob" questions which have most likely been asked many times before.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Should be safe enough to install over the top, although nothing is ever guaranteed to be without risk.

Just make sure you right click on the downloaded .exe and "run as administrator"

Well that was easy.

Can't believe I stayed on 7.75 for as long as I did.

Loving the "random play" options on 7.9.

Cheers!