Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Change Receiver from Wireless to LAN connection

Hey

So I have a receiver in the loft (wired to the bathroom speakers), its currently wireless but will only connect to the wireless downstairs... the wireless in the loft a couple of metres away from it, it can see but won't connect (SB Radio connects fine to it) so the wireless level is average. Next to the receiver is a LAN switch, so i want to flick the receiver from wireless to LAN.

I've looked at UDP Tool but it seems broken and throws up a lot of errors and doesn't find the receiver. Can I SSH into it and change the setting somehow? I tried factory resetting the receiver but that doesn't ever come up with an option to select LAN, just gives me wireless networks options.

How can I do it?

Cheers
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Without a controller only way is via UDP tool.

Swap it for a Pi.
    Pi3 with piCoreplayer music on QNAP TS419p via NFS iThingys/iPeng/Tablets/Jogglers
    Living Room - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 - > Celestion Ditton F20s
    Office - Pi -> Sony TA FE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi & SB3 -> Onkyo CRN 755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
    Dining Room -> SB Boom Kitchen -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
    Bedroom (Bedside) - SB Touch -> Topping TP21 -> AKG Headphones

The receiver needs to be Ethernet attached and in a factory reset state to do the setup with Net::UDAP
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9 on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Portable system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9 on Win10 Pro - 1 Duet and Squeezeslave

Yes that's the thing cable must be attached and you must be in factory reset hold button until fast flashing red
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Main hifi: Touch + CIA PS +MeridianG68J MeridianHD621 MeridianG98DH 2 x MeridianDSP5200 MeridianDSP5200HC 2 xMeridianDSP3100 +Rel Stadium 3 sub.
    Bedroom/Office: Boom
    Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
    Misc use: Radio (with battery)
    iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
    (spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )
    server HP proliant micro server N36L with ClearOS Linux

http://people.xiph.org/~xiphmont/demo/neil-young.html

Thanks for the suggestions.

I finally managed to switch it to LAN connection using a SBC, I couldn't get UDAP to work even after installing it in Ubuntu. The SBR boot/setup process seems a bit hit and miss, so I built a separate LAN with LMS, a DHCP server and Wireshark to check what was going on.

Few things I noticed;
    Have to hard reset the SBC (hold plus and power button) as well as the SBR to get it in the right mode
    The SBR seems to not have a failback IP if there is no DHCP and aimlessly scans and switches networks
    The SBR seems to hold on to an IP even after changing networks so needs to be cycled twice to release and renew

Got there in the end

Cheers
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.