Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Boom display not lighting up at all

I am pretty sure this is not a settings issue. The display is now completely dark no matter what the setting, although everythng else functions fine via the web interface. Buttons still work. It is showing it's age, and it has the sticky paint problem now. There was a loose connection in the PSU so I changed that but still the same problem.

Can you see the firmware menu by pressing and holding "<" ?

If firmware menu is displayed, then no display with LMS is a setting issue.

Thanks for the tip. I tried and the backlight behind the hardware buttons turned on, but the display stayed dark. 😔

Quote Originally Posted by jeztastic View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I tried and the backlight behind the hardware buttons turned on, but the display stayed dark. 😔
    So I assume then if you unplug the unit and plugin it back - you do not get the "Logitech" name displayed during power up ?

No, it was, intermittently, but it's stopped doing that now.

Quote Originally Posted by jeztastic View Post
    No, it was, intermittently, but it's stopped doing that now.
    The inital "logitech " on power up is not subject to any settings so it looks like a hardware problem.

It's a bit unusual for display to fail and everything else works so I suspect a small compnent failure. It will be nearly impossible to change network settings so be careful not to reset the device.

Indeed, or change the SSID or password. When it eventually goes I may look at taking the speakers out and hooking them up to a Raspberry pi in a custom made box..

Ok, it started up again last night, no idea why...

I have the same problem with one of my BOOMs'.
    The display is black at all times.
    Button backlight works.
    The unit plays well, and is controlled by iPeng.

But the display is blind so to say, no clock or weather info to look at in the morning...

I was hoping for some "simple" solution, like a component failing (like for the SB Receivers failing in 2 capacitors degrading the signal out for sound).

Is there any such key component that controls the Display back light that is object to aging?

My SB family of units have served me well for quite many years now... and I hope for some years more.
    NAS: QNAP TS-459U+ QTS 4.2.6 (4x 2TB, RAID5)
    Services: LMS 7.9.1 , SSOTS 4.14
    Squeezebox: 6x Reciever, 3x Boom, 2x SB3 Classic
    Other: iPeng on iPad and iPhone

One of my Boom's is in the same boat, no display, but backlights are on for the buttons